2019 AX Event #2 discussion

Made this post for those who like to upload their event #2 videos.
Also, how does everyone who attended this event feel about the new food vendor "Outlaw Dogs", a show of hands for this food vendor over "Tiki Dogs" would be appreciated. Also looking into backup alternatives as well, let me know what you guys think.

-Helix

The WSCC results were available yesterday but are no longer shown on AXti.me

Is the disconnect at our end?

Oh yeah, I'll raise my hand for "Outlaw Dogs".  Nothing wrong with Tiki Dogs, but it would be nice to alternate and have a backup.

Edited by Weebly
Additional comment

As long as we're weighing in, I thought that Outlaw Dogs' lack of solid condiments was disappointing. It's great to have a backup, but Tiki Dogs, with their pickles, onions, peppers, and such seem to provide a greater value and more satisfying lunch. And if our turnouts continue in the same vein as our first couple events, it should be a worthwhile Saturday destination for food cart proprietors.

2 hours ago, Weebly said:

The WSCC results were available yesterday but are no longer shown on AXti.me

Is the disconnect at our end?

Oh yeah, I'll raise my hand for "Outlaw Dogs".  Nothing wrong with Tiki Dogs, but it would be nice to alternate and have a backup.

I noticed that too and it is related to timing, didn't get the chance to ask Matt yet but he needs to go early due to injury. that said, the result are still available but it is just not showing on their main result page, luckily I have it book marked here.

http://live.axti.me/live/55126306d4db9e0e00a12aa1/5cf3cf9cf471fc202b99b22f

• Thanks 1

I had a smokie dog with cheese and their home made bbq sauce and thought it was much tastier than the smokie dogs we've had from Tiki. I'm not into relish or onions so I didn't even realize they didn't have those things. Here's my video from the event. BTW-I watched an Autosport video today and they were talking about the Formula 1 cars having a tough time getting heat in the tires at places like Monaco because rapid back and forth turns don't put energy into tires but long sustained turns like Barcelona do. The course from yesterday had many, many rapid back and forths and I couldn't get any heat in the tires where I had no problem at event #1 where there were some long turns from one side of the runway to the other.

• Like 1

Not sure what you guys are all talking about. Outlaw dogs had onions, relish, peppers AND bacon bits - yum. And, yes the BBQ sauce was good. However, their cart layout may have hidden those condiments from your view, as they kept closing the lid so it would stay fresh. I'm game for having them back a few more times.

2 hours ago, Ron Janzen said:

Nice run magner!  I need about 5 more seasons to get to your level - lol!

Thanks!

You can accelerate your progress with our level 1 school coming up on Saturday June 8th!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2019-wscc-autoslalom-level-1-school-st-andrews-airport-winnipeg-sports-car-club-140570

Edited by Magner

On 6/3/2019 at 8:27 PM, conebasher said:

I had a smokie dog with cheese and their home made bbq sauce and thought it was much tastier than the smokie dogs we've had from Tiki. I'm not into relish or onions so I didn't even realize they didn't have those things. Here's my video from the event. BTW-I watched an Autosport video today and they were talking about the Formula 1 cars having a tough time getting heat in the tires at places like Monaco because rapid back and forth turns don't put energy into tires but long sustained turns like Barcelona do. The course from yesterday had many, many rapid back and forths and I couldn't get any heat in the tires where I had no problem at event #1 where there were some long turns from one side of the runway to the other.

Hey Mark, nice touch with the commentary added to video. Looking forward to the next one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Magner said:

Thanks!

You can accelerate your progress with our level 1 school coming up on Saturday June 8th!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2019-wscc-autoslalom-level-1-school-st-andrews-airport-winnipeg-sports-car-club-140570

"... accelerate your progress".  Nicely said, and very true.  Hope we get a good turnout for the Level 1 school.  Wait a minute, what am I saying?  That's just means more novices will beat me!

3 hours ago, R_Ercole said:

Not the best run of the day, but the only one I recorder from inside.

Hooboy, I guess videos don't lie. Same car, same group, same course. We even had our wives along for the drive. But what a difference in line selection and resulting times. Congratulations on your raw times ... too bad about the BS with the BS classification.

Next time, we'll let the wives drive.  At least, I will ... it'll be an improvement.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Weebly said:

Hooboy, I guess videos don't lie. Same car, same group, same course. We even had our wives along for the drive. But what a difference in line selection and resulting times. Congratulations on your raw times ... too bad about the BS with the BS classification.

Next time, we'll let the wives drive.  At least, I will ... it'll be an improvement.

Being in B street certainly doesn't help, but there's still A LOT of room for improvement behind the wheel, especially learning the car and how it behaves. 

Good idea on the wives, it will definitely be an improvement on my side as well lol

@R_Ercole if I may, look ahead more. In your video you are only looking one maybe two cones ahead. Get further down the course with your eyes. At that left in the start you are looking at the first cone, you need to be looking out the side window down that slalom. In the pivots, you should be looking at your corner exits before (or at least as) you hit the brakes. You are not finding the exits until you start your turn. Find your exits before you enter the corner. I am not an instructor, so they may adjust my comments, but IMO you are getting behind because you are not looking far enough ahead. Start chanting that or have your wife scream it at you as you go. 

Don't worry about line (I get way behind in that first slalom...I know why, see if you can spot the reason) in these videos, watch Chris's head and mine versus yours and where we are looking. There are times Chris and I look out the side windows, see if you can spot them and think about why. 

My video is here on my Onedrive, not sure that will embed here. 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiQQ7vcHahKvgptm_se4fUImvHfXcw

Just my 2 cents...ymmv

22 hours ago, justkickin said:

@R_Ercole if I may, look ahead more. In your video you are only looking one maybe two cones ahead. Get further down the course with your eyes. At that left in the start you are looking at the first cone, you need to be looking out the side window down that slalom. In the pivots, you should be looking at your corner exits before (or at least as) you hit the brakes. You are not finding the exits until you start your turn. Find your exits before you enter the corner. I am not an instructor, so they may adjust my comments, but IMO you are getting behind because you are not looking far enough ahead. Start chanting that or have your wife scream it at you as you go. 

Don't worry about line (I get way behind in that first slalom...I know why, see if you can spot the reason) in these videos, watch Chris's head and mine versus yours and where we are looking. There are times Chris and I look out the side windows, see if you can spot them and think about why. 

My video is here on my Onedrive, not sure that will embed here. 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiQQ7vcHahKvgptm_se4fUImvHfXcw

Just my 2 cents...ymmv

Definitely appreciate the input. I have it somewhere in my mind that I should be looking ahead more, but in the two events I went after switching cars I couldn't really practice it. Always good to have someone spotting it from the outside.

And great footage from the vette, being inside that car in autox seems to be a blast!