Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Weebly

CASC Time Attack Car Classification

Recommended Posts

I assume all entrants for Time Attack event #1 are complying with the requirement to get their car classified through CASC Ontario Time Attack.

I submitted my car classification to CASC Ontario Time Attack more than two weeks ago and still haven't received approval.  My PIP schedule and summary are as simple as they come, so I'm sure that's not holding it up.

Anyone else having delays in receiving approval?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never received an approval for any submission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure @Ianfromduff is quite busy right now, but i have spoken to him about this. We are not Submitting/Approving forms at this time.  As @nopistons has mentioned, submitting the form is not required. if you have submitted the form, don't worry about it, but don't expect a response. Ian has mentioned in an earlier post that you should bring your completed schedule to the track. 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had quite a difficult time trying to class myself.  I ended up using a Subaru BRZ as a base car for the handling index (I'm guessing the BRZ handles slightly better, but is negligible) then pretending I had an engine swap and used my own manufacturer specs for hp/tq and weight+driver.  No idea really how well that worked, but I emailed the CCC address weeks ago and got no response.  I don't know if someone more in-the-know (Ianfromduff?) would like to check my classing for me?  I doubt it really matters as this is my first year/event and I'm not expecting to be very competitive, and I'm unfortunately also unlikely to make it out more than a couple more times.

As a side note... what sort of times should a GT4 class be striving towards?  I think my best this weekend was around 1:13 and after looking though some results I'm guessing someone really good would be maybe down around the 1:09 mark?

Cheers,
Jeremy

2019 Genesis G70 2.0T Sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Depauperate Not exactly sure where you were going with the above logic but there is a car on the base car list that more or less is an option to start with if you are trying to class the 2019 Genesis 2.0T:

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2013   R-Spec 3418.00 274.00 55 RWD 12.47 70.78 67.9 GT3

Wrong year, yes, but perhaps a better car to start your classing calcs with!
You can from there add your PIP points (include your weight and power) to be close to where you need to be.

Edited by nopistons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, nopistons said:

@Depauperate Not exactly sure where you were going with the above logic but there is a car on the base car list that more or less is an option to start with if you are trying to class the 2019 Genesis 2.0T:

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2013   R-Spec 3418.00 274.00 55 RWD 12.47 70.78 67.9 GT3

Wrong year, yes, but perhaps a better car to start your classing calcs with!
You can from there add your PIP points (include your weight and power) to be close to where you need to be.

I considered that, but although the name is carried over, the current Genesis G70 is a completely different vehicle than the old Hyundai Genesis.  To my knowledge, they're built on a completely different platform and the closest similarity is that the engine and transmission are future iterations of the same.  Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure it's wider, longer, about 400lbs heavier, and has about 20hp less than the coupe you linked.  It's built as a 3-series competitor, and I considered using that as a starting point, but everything in the list was quite old *shrugs* .  I'll try tweaking the numbers with that car as a starting point anyway and see if it ends up somewhere different.

[EDIT]
That didn't take very long to check, but, yes, with the coupe as a starting point with the weight and hp/tq figures it still gives me a GT4 class, so I assume I was correct/close?  Thanks for the reply.

Any comments on what a good time would be for the GT4 class?

Thanks again!
Jeremy


 

Edited by Depauperate
Added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Depauperate said:

Any comments on what a good time would be for the GT4 class?

Overall lap times are based on a number of factors, including setup and skill level.
Big picture, if you can get yourself into a 1:10-ish (or lower), your moving fairly quickly around the track!

A 1:13 lap isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Something to consider is to not worry so much about lap times from session to session, first year out. Check them if you wish, but look for consistency as opposed to the actual time.
You will notice as you get more seat time, and focus on your driving rather than lowering the number on the print-out, at the end of the season you will see a trend with the lap times!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nopistons said:

Overall lap times are based on a number of factors, including setup and skill level.
Big picture, if you can get yourself into a 1:10-ish (or lower), your moving fairly quickly around the track!

A 1:13 lap isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Something to consider is to not worry so much about lap times from session to session, first year out. Check them if you wish, but look for consistency as opposed to the actual time.
You will notice as you get more seat time, and focus on your driving rather than lowering the number on the print-out, at the end of the season you will see a trend with the lap times!

Perfect, thanks!  I'm not obsessed with times, just wondering what a good benchmark to gauge my progress would be :)  I think if I wanted to really get competitive about it I'd need to buy another car that I didn't care if I broke, haha.

I was pretty happy with my 1:13 for my first day on the track (beyond the HPDE).  Hopefully I can make it out a few more times this season.

Thanks for the reply!

Jeremy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Depauperate you can ask for your exact car to be added to the database. The CASC-ON time attack forums is the usual way to request to have a car added to the list, they have a sticky on the Time Attack forum for base list requests...now that the Forum is still down that becomes a little harder.

Ironically enough, I had lunch with the guy that maintians the OTA Database today and I have sent the request in for you. Either way you will be in good shape, as @nopistons has put you on the right track...see you at the races.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...