Event #1

What a fun day!  It was great to see everybody out for the event after a long winter.  Also nice of Joe (and Abigail) to come out to say "Hi" even though he was unable to race.

I keep hoping to wake up FAST someday...but I'm starting to believe that's not how it works :D

• Haha 1

That was a great day at the track!  I can't thank everyone enough for all the help to keep the event running smooth.  It was great to see a bunch of new faces and old friends.  

Here's my 2nd run, my best today:

My 4th run was on track to be better, but, um... yeah... I got too greedy and ran out of talent:

• Like 3

I think that whenever you run a car that you need to constantly mess with to get the most out of them, it seriously hurts your driving abilities. There is only so much input your brain can take of half your brain is filled with thoughts like "it's understeering, should I soften front sway bar or raise rear roll center?"  then there is precious little left over for things like "gotta backside this cone so I can set up for the sweeper that follows". Once we get our cars in that magical zone where they just work no matter what the temp or track conditions, we can start working on being great drivers again. My driving has really suffered since I started building my car and today is the first time in years that I could stop thinking about the car and concentrate on driving the course.

• Like 2