WSCC LEAGUE at SPEEDWORLD

Anybody interested in having a kart league every week? We have made a lot of changes to the karts including new frames that no longer have understeer and the track has been acid etched in places to increase grip and we have increased the power over the last couple of months and the karts now lap around a second quicker. Plus we have a test driver who comes in every Monday and Wednesday and drives all the karts and gets them to the same lap time (not the 3/10 second variance we used to allow). And we have a results screen on the track side so you can see what your lap times and position are while out on the track. And not only that, leagues now have a Joker lap. During the feature race (the one for position) each driver must take the Joker lap once and they can take it on any lap, but they must take it once. The Joker lap adds approximately 1.3 seconds to a lap and there is a lot of strategy that goes into when to take the Joker lap. Attached is a video of a recent Staff race with the Joker lap, if you want to see how it works. Every Tuesday or Thursday is available, post below what day(s) work for you. Cost would be $35 each event, there would be drop events (so you don't need to show up every week to win), we will track the points and there will be prizes. We are working on getting a pretty cool prize, I'll tell you when I can confirm it.

• Like 2

Joker lap? Nice! 

I might be able to make a Monday league. It's been a while since I've done a league night. 

Anyone else? 

EDIT: I can't read. I can't make Tuesday or Thursday.  :/ 

Edited by Corey

If enough people can commit to one day or the other, we will put a time slot aside for the WSCC. Mondays are also a possibility now that our open league is over. I need more of you to chime in, though. Anybody else? What days work for you?

Hey Mark,

I'm relatively new to karting and would probably get stomped by everyone else … but that wouldn't stop me from having fun and getting a chance to socialize with club members.

Count me in for any day, any time!.

I went after work yesterday for a few races, they even talked me into trying out  out  the Pro Karts, totally different animals! I wasn't much faster than the Race carts, but it was my first time out.

I'd be in for some racing.

Dason

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've checked out Speedworld a few times this month to see what it's like.

Great staff - very friendly and helpful. Phil works there Mondays and Wednesdays and was good enough to show me around and give me some pointers. Just in the few times I've gone out, I've progressed from painfully slow to just plain slow.  Baby steps.

It's unfortunate we didn't get enough club members to form a group, but maybe a few of us could still hook up on a regular basis during March & April for a few laughs.

If you're interested, just send me a PM.  It is FUN!!!

• Like 1

I cannot commit to a league right now, but I would love to come out and do some races at Speed World again. We used to have a league for WSCC racers every winter about 4-5 years in a row. It was always lots of fun, lots of good competition and (mostly) clean racing.

Anyway I'll try to monitor this thread or other threads and would try to join a couple times here and there when I'm able.