Christmas in September

Weebly

Can't believe what a blast I had today!

First, I got the opportunity to co-drive with Chris Boettcher in my car.  Super fun guy with lots of experience and the ability to jump in my car and knock off a time 5 seconds faster than what I normally run.  Did I mention that this was his first "get acquainted" with the car run?  Man, did I ever learn a lot by just sitting in the passenger seat and observing.  I think we defied the laws of physics more than once.

My second "Chris"tmas present was from #47 (don't want to name names and embarrass you) who offered me the chance to drive his car during fun runs.  All I could say was … "Are you kidding me?", "Have you lost sight of your mind?" But, in the same breath, I said … "absolutely, for sure!  … where are the keys?"  Did I enjoy the ride?  Let me just say this - when was the last time you saw me hug someone?

So for everyone out there who wants to improve their driving skills, you might want to consider ramping up the learning curve by  doing a ride-a-long with an experienced driver, or better yet, doing a co-drive.  Plus, the fun factor is just awesome!

Thanks again to Chris and Chris for making my day a "Chris"tmas in September!

Weebly

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dark_daku89 said:

I definitely have to give a thanks and shout out to Curtis today, he was bored in the timing trailer and offered to jump in on one of my runs. He gave me some awesome feedback on my run and I improved on my next run.  Can't wait for next year! 

Ha! I was gonna call shenanigans on you guys from my car.

• Like 1