Sign in to follow this  
SLEDONTAR

HUGE Shoutout!

Huge shout out to Matt and Cheryl and Jen and all the volunteers whom bust there buns to make a huge event like this weekends. THANK YOU!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Unbelievable how smooth things really went with such a large turn out. Mucho kudos to all the volunteers. A-may-zing! Thank you.

• Like 3

Thank you very much Cheryl and to Cheryl's husband. Thanks for the hard work! 

• Like 2

It was also great to see the continual improvements at the race track. The painting of the washrooms and showers made a 1000% difference and our out-of-town visitors noticed and commented on them. The Saturday night banquet tent, food and atmosphere were amazing especially considering the location that used to be a tire dump in three feet of weeds. The t-shirts and program elevated the event to a level that I see at other tracks. Thank you to the drivers that drove and volunteered their race cars for the "ride a race car" experience on Saturday and Sunday. I talked to one of the passengers afterwards and she was ecstatic, thrilled, laughing...it seemed to be the equivalent of skydiving or bungee jumping. We'll have to continue doing those. Great job everyone!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I need to make a few mentions here.

Firstly all the event day volunteers who showed up in huge numbers and covered all stations and jobs so well. All the planning in the world could not be executed without all of you!

To my team of misfits who worked all day Thursday on a decades old problem of having a lack of a dedicated women’s shower area as well as proper lighting and a few other details. Horhey, Kim, Ian and Brooke.

Johnny Armatas. The upgrade you followed through on and have planned for the washroom facility is a massive step towards having facilities we can finally be proud of. This was a huge commitment and a massive improvement.

Spencer and Ian. Two full days of banter is no small feat. You guys did a great job. I’ve heard some good quotes from your “performance”. Not to mention the cringeworthy ones. 

Kim Ambrose. You stepped up huge this weekend...all weekend. From concession to banquet prep and service. It was an absolute pleasure working beside you that evening. Well done!

Jen Bell. I’m not sure how you take my horribly communicated talking points and turn them into such a clear and concise message. Your meetings are so efficient and on point. You’re always one step ahead and looking to improve every aspect of our club. The way you handle race control sets the standard for how we should all treat one another no matter the position.

Scott McDonald. Without you Road Race would not be what it is today. You’ve made the WSCC one of the friendliest groups around. You are legendary and quite worthy of your award this weekend.

Ken Hilash. Ken you are constantly leading by example. You always make yourself available for any task large or small. I’ve not known the executive board for very long but I have trouble believeing we will ever be able to replace you. Thank you for handling the presentations during the dinner and everything else you continue to do for our club.

To all the others who pitched in and filled the gaps. Thank you all so much.

Thank you to Classic Motor Works for 20 years of vintage race weekends.

Edited by Mat
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Thanks to everyone who made that such a great event - it's always a pleasure being 'welcomed home'!

The improvements since last year were incredibly noticeable, the positive attitudes were infectious, and it was as big an event as I've seen out there in 10+ years. Good work all!

Gary

• Like 4