Wow, that was a really fun course! The wide-open design really felt like national SCCA courses with lots of line selection available.   Kudos to Shawn for the design.  

Here's my third and best run:

• Like 3

Did anyone find a large magnet from the yellow Subaru with the Osborne Chiropractic information on it? I lost it run one but I have no idea where. 

Sorry Chris. Had a look around during fun runs and while cleaning up. Didn’t see it

in other great news, spent Saturday night in Gimli. This morning while driving home the engine in the Forester exploded and left me stranded. Yay!!!!

• Sad 4

23 minutes ago, DKemp said:

Sorry Chris. Had a look around during fun runs and while cleaning up. Didn’t see it

in other great news, spent Saturday night in Gimli. This morning while driving home the engine in the Forester exploded and left me stranded. Yay!!!!

Is that just a Subaru thing? Every modded Subaru north of 400 hp I know has blown up. 

Hope the bill can be kept reasonable. Otherwise just swap a LS in. 

25 minutes ago, DKemp said:

I'm so sorry to hear that Dale! What do you think happened?

Look up Nemesis Performance in Wpg for your rebuild. Hear nothing but great things.

Sorry to hear about your Subaru. I needed a tow home as well. I have some pretty awesome friends who came all the way from Winkler today to pick me and the Miata up. I managed to do all four runs and then fun runs happened and I got in line about to stage and the car would not go any where except reverse while in neutral. So I ended up backing the car all the way out of GMP till the highway at the end of our event. No internet at the hotel or research would have allowed me to have fixed the car in 15 min! turns out that the 1990-1993 miata 5 speeds will get stuck in reverse  but still allow you to shift into 1st or second while stuck in reverse. This happens when you shift from fifth while moving to first/second. My last run I missed my shift into third after the cross over and hit fifth. So I down shifted back to second (Wonderfull shifter slop). I finished the run. I went to do fun runs and that is where the problem happened. 

Shawn, awesome awesome course. My favourite one this year! quite fast too, I needed third for quite a while after the cross over!

• Sad 1

Thanks for the kudos on the course. It was a pretty short course compared to anything else I have ever built. I too liked it. I wish I had actually done a course walk though as I clearly thought a couple of sections were faster than they really were, like after the opening slalom around the offset cone towards the wall. My first run ended up being my fastest which is sad. And even though it was cool, I should have been spraying my tires. Enough of the excuses though...I just need to drive better.

A HUGE thank-you to all people that helped put the course together, getting it cleaned and everything else setup for the day. We had a few glitches but we got it all done and I think everyone had a good time. Corey M., I'm sorry I left you out there with the leaf blower and that you didn't really get to do course walks, but hey, you still got on the podium right? ;)

And of course, thank-you Corey D. for trusting me to drive your race car, it was a lot of fun. It feels so fast but I was actually going sooooo slow, and yet I looped it...twice! Sorry Corey, and sorry that you had to push me back to the pits. I owe you. I'm hoping maybe you'll let me drive it again.

• Like 1