Sign in to follow this  
babyfod

2018 Timing Results [www.wsccautoslalom.com]

Hi All,

I have taken the last few weeks to put together a website to host all of our event results, dating back to 2016 (when I became the Chief of Timing and Scoring).

This site also includes updated class and pax standings for the season. It is a work in progress and I plan on adding a few more pages and features to the website. 

If there are any suggestions, or things you'd like to see in terms of stat tracking etc, please post below.

The site is: www.wsccautoslalom.com

Thanks.

• Like 4

Hey Matt,

Looks like a good start and, like you say, something we can build on. I like the full-size photos on the webpage. Is there any way that you can scroll through the photos?

Am I correct to assume that all future event results will be contained in this topic "2018 Timing Results"?

Something that was discussed at one of our meetings was to provide an update to the class standings, maybe two or three times during the season.  For example, at some point in the season you wanted to know where you're placed in the class standings, then this information would be available.  In that way, you could monitor your progress throughout the season and, hopefully, would encourage you to enter more events.

How much work and how practical would it be to generate a standings  report on a monthly basis?

2 hours ago, Weebly said:

Hey Matt,

Looks like a good start and, like you say, something we can build on. I like the full-size photos on the webpage. Is there any way that you can scroll through the photos?

Am I correct to assume that all future event results will be contained in this topic "2018 Timing Results"?

Something that was discussed at one of our meetings was to provide an update to the class standings, maybe two or three times during the season.  For example, at some point in the season you wanted to know where you're placed in the class standings, then this information would be available.  In that way, you could monitor your progress throughout the season and, hopefully, would encourage you to enter more events.

How much work and how practical would it be to generate a standings  report on a monthly basis?

Hey Brian,

You can flip through the photos on the homepage by clicking on the tabs at the bottom in the middle of the photo - I just added a few pictures as a filler.

Shawn/I can continue to add the event links to that thread, and will also be adding them to the site.

Part of the reason Shawn wanted the site put together was to provide a place to house the class/pax standings. I will be updating the standings after each event so that everyone knows where they stand on the leaderboard. 

Hope that answers your questions,

Matt

• Like 2

Events 8 and 9 have been added to the site as well as up to date PAX and Class Season Standings.

NOTE: Event 5 has been scratched (Gimli Road Course), so there will only be 8 events displayed on the season standings.

@justkickin I have addressed the timing discrepancy between you and Chris.

@Curtis I have added your fastest run from event 8 that had mysteriously gone missing.

@dark_daku89 I have updated the previous events where you were incorrectly classed, as per your request.

If there are any other timing questions/issues please feel free to post them here.

• Like 4

On 7/24/2018 at 10:48 AM, babyfod said:

Events 8 and 9 have been added to the site as well as up to date PAX and Class Season Standings.

NOTE: Event 5 has been scratched (Gimli Road Course), so there will only be 8 events displayed on the season standings.

@justkickin I have addressed the timing discrepancy between you and Chris.

@Curtis I have added your fastest run from event 8 that had mysteriously gone missing.

@dark_daku89 I have updated the previous events where you were incorrectly classed, as per your request.

If there are any other timing questions/issues please feel free to post them here.

Thanks. But it looks like the time you added for me also went to Zac. I know he didn't get a fifth run and then match my time exactly.

2 hours ago, Curtis said:

Thanks. But it looks like the time you added for me also went to Zac. I know he didn't get a fifth run and then match my time exactly.

Must have entered Zac in as you - that makes sense as to why you had 3 runs and he had 5. I'll correct it.

Posted (edited)

Awesome website, thanks for doing this!

Quick question with Event 5 being removed from the standings are we changing the minimum number of events to qualify to a season from 8 to 7 since we only have 13 championship events? 

With 14 it was: 14/2 + 1 = 8

With 13 is it: 13/2 = 6.5 rounded up to 7?

The intent is prevent anyone from qualifying twice in different classes. If we round the 13 events to 7 qualify it could only be done in one class. Lower barrier puts more people in the running too.

Edited by Magner

On 8/28/2018 at 6:50 PM, Magner said:

Awesome website, thanks for doing this!

Quick question with Event 5 being removed from the standings are we changing the minimum number of events to qualify to a season from 8 to 7 since we only have 13 championship events? 

With 14 it was: 14/2 + 1 = 8

With 13 is it: 13/2 = 6.5 rounded up to 7?

The intent is prevent anyone from qualifying twice in different classes. If we round the 13 events to 7 qualify it could only be done in one class. Lower barrier puts more people in the running too.

I wasn't going to change it as we stated in the beginning that the Championship was going to be 8 events. I suppose I was just blindly following the "half plus 1" rule (13/2 + 1 = 7.5 so rounded up to 8 anyway) which I guess with an odd number of events we could just do "half". I think it is too late to change the formula now. 

For full disclosure though, I am a little biased now because after the last even where I stated Ben had claimed 1st in Modified and he can't be beat, I figured out that mathematically I still actually have a chance get 1st place back from him. It is an extreme long shot but it does exist.

So based on that bombshell, I will entertain others' opinions on the matter. It's a sticky situation because if you benefit from a change you will likely want it and if it hurts you you probably don't.

I think it's too late to change the min # of events. The fair thing is to not change anything. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, babyfod said:

Hi All,

I have taken the last few weeks to put together a website to host all of our event results, dating back to 2016 (when I became the Chief of Timing and Scoring).

This site also includes updated class and pax standings for the season. It is a work in progress and I plan on adding a few more pages and features to the website. 

If there are any suggestions, or things you'd like to see in terms of stat tracking etc, please post below.

The site is: www.wsccautoslalom.com

Thanks.

Matt,

Thanks for your efforts in keeping the timing results updated so that people can see how they are progressing (or, in my case, regressing) throughout the season.

Looks like the last report was generated Saturday afternoon, Sep 8th.  Any chance getting the report updated before the next event to include Sunday's results?  

I noticed there were a lot of movement in the standings for most of the classes over the last few events. This means competition is very close and things could change significantly after a single event.

I'm hoping we get everyone out for our last event at Gimli on Saturday, Sep 22nd and make it a "down to the wire" chase for the championship points.  See you there!

• Like 1