Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
white_cross

budget rear suspension for 300hp?

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, for the ecoboost swap celica we are looking at either using my friends mustang solid rear axle and transferring the celica brackets onto the mustang rear end. Or Transferring a independent rear suspension into the car. Any one have any thoughts on which IRS will take 320 or so hp on a budget? We potentially will buy something to part out from the mpi auctions and steal the rear end out of. How much hp can a mid 2000's model year Wrx and STI rear end safely hold up? My rear axle in the celica is good for about half of what the eco boost makes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A solid axle will be your best bet on a budget...both in dollars and time.

A first gen RX7 rear axle would also be a Good swap with LSD and 4:10's out of the box. Correct bolt pattern too! (GSL-SE)

For IRS, I'd suggest a MK2 supra rear setup. It's a simple mount and should be close in width. 4:30's and LSD standard equip on P-Type manuals.

Not to mention I know where you can find both of those!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cool 

10 minutes ago, nopistons said:

A solid axle will be your best bet on a budget...both in dollars and time.

A first gen RX7 rear axle would also be a Good swap with LSD and 4:10's out of the box. Correct bolt pattern too! (GSL-SE)

For IRS, I'd suggest a MK2 supra rear setup. It's a simple mount and should be close in width. 4:30's and LSD standard equip on P-Type manuals.

Not to mention I know where you can find both of those!

Cool what is your price on either of those? and the 4:30s would be awesome. What kind of hp can both of those rear ends handle? The car is going to see pretty much only race duty.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rx7 rear end is probably similar width to our 1st gen celica? We will probably go wider in the front as I just got a miata front clip for its suspension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, white_cross said:

The rx7 rear end is probably similar width to our 1st gen celica? We will probably go wider in the front as I just got a miata front clip for its suspension.

Should be close.

If you get real energetic, you can swap out the 4.10 pumpkin for a 97-ish Kia Sportage front third member and upgrade to 4.71's

I have a complete rear IRS from the supra already out of the car, and two others still in cars. The one you took the shocks/trans out of has the adjustable spring perches in it.
Shoot me a text and we can discuss further. It won't be much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 7:16 AM, nopistons said:

Should be close.

If you get real energetic, you can swap out the 4.10 pumpkin for a 97-ish Kia Sportage front third member and upgrade to 4.71's

I have a complete rear IRS from the supra already out of the car, and two others still in cars. The one you took the shocks/trans out of has the adjustable spring perches in it.
Shoot me a text and we can discuss further. It won't be much.

Did someone mention MK2 Supra parts? PM sent...sorry for the hijack Devon lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×