Hello - as the season rapidly approaches (despite this terrible weather) I thought I'd share a little tire shopping info.

I spoke with West End Tire and they confirmed they are a Toyo Motorsport Dealer. To purchase R compound tires from them, they require you to provide your WSCC/WCMA membership number and Comp Drivers Licence.  For anyone that is interested, you can join the Toyo Motorsport Program as well (I did). They posted their Motorsport Info including a tire list with pricing here:  https://www.toyotires.ca/team-toyo/motorsports  ...the Motorsports Program discount is pretty good but you have to call to get the "good guy" price for your tire, but take it with a grain of salt as these tires are not exactly a bargain, nor are they meant to be. For my tire, it worked out to be about 24% off the list price.

I compared this to Tire Rack and was pleased when the conversion, shipping and associated charges are added in using the Tire Racks online estimator at the check out. To buy my tire (Proxes RR) from Tire Rack was a scant $11/tire cheaper than buying from the Toyo Motorsport program at West End Tire. For $44, I'll stay local and spend my money with local business every time.  If you are keen on driving to a border parcel service, you will save a bit more - but that's personal choice, and for me time is money, plus if i can avoid dealing with international border crossings, I will. West End charges a bit more to mount these tires, as they are considered "Ultra High Performance". I would take them to CAPS International whom i had mount my tires last year and the price and service was first rate.

Matt

YOUR IMAGE HERE

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - Choose 2.

• Like 1

I have a set of zestinos 140tw semislicks I'm gonna try this year. They were $550cad for 4. Hard to say no for that price! 

Posted (edited)

Nice, that sounds great. i had a quick look and they don't make them in my size. kinda crappy, but old RWD cars are definitely not the market for these tires - heck, if Toyo didn't sponsor the NASA AI class, they probably wouldn't make the size I have.  Oddly enough, i went to have a look at the TW number on my RR's and there wasn't one.

Edited by mcorrie