when is the first autocross event?

Sorry for the late reply, life has been far too busy.

We start the season with an autoslalom intro day (basically a test and tune) on Saturday April 28. We are trying to re-brand this event to maybe encourage more people to come out and not think itis all about actually tuning a car. Most of us are out there shaking off the rust and just getting a bunch of track time in. Very few actually make changes to their vehicles. The first event 1 of the season is the next day, Sunday April 29. 

I do have the schedule finalized and booked with both St Andrews and Gimli and am just waiting for insurance to come through but that shouldn't affect anything. I was hoping to post up on the main page but need to clarify some other details before I can make that happen.

• Like 1

awesome looking forward to the test and tune! I was hoping this would be the first event. want to get lots of seat time behind the wheel of the new to me miata! maybe for rebranding something like spring "kick off"? I love the extra seat time these "test and tune" events have. So then I can set up a trailer rental for the car for the first event as it does not have insurance on it yet.

Edited by white_cross

"Kick off" sounds pretty good. Was also toying with the idea of calling it "Fun Run Day". Expect late March or early April that everything will get posted which is about 4 weeks before the season start.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, conebasher said:

Good plan to call it Autoslalom, I really hate the follow up question when I say I autocross "Is that on dirt?" UGH!!

Or the people that think I am taking jumps in my S4 like they do in motocross. Yeah, that's what my car can do...next I'm entering it in the Dakar Rally.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

Awesome. Nice to see a couple of events in Gimli on the actual track again, instead of just the skidpad.

And those events are double headers. Afternoon on the skid pad and evening on the track.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shawn said:

The main autoslalom page ( http://www.wscc.mb.ca/autoslalom/ ) has been updated with the schedule and other related information. Some things are still a work in progress as we prepare for the upcoming season but we will have them finalized in the next week or two.

Just wanted to say thanks to Shawn, Josh, and Jim for putting together an Autoslalom web page that is ... can I say this out loud? ... AWESOME!!

It makes me proud to be a part of a group that is head and shoulders above other Internet Forums.  You guys spent the time and effor to update and improve the Autoslalom web page to not only be comprehensive but also user-friendly.  This effort doesn't go unappreciated.  I think I speak for everyone in the club when I say "Good Job Guys!!!"

• Thanks 2

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, Mat said:

Each season pass entitles that member to one non-transferable 2018 session of hot laps.

so what's that, one lap, two laps, 20000000 laps?  How long are the laps?  Where and when are the offered?  any pre-event requirements  Details needed...   thanks

Edited by evolv

Hot laps are time-based sessions on the Friday of race weekends. If there are few cars and your car can take the heat, you can do a LOT of laps. I recall Deacon doing 100+ laps some years ago. He'd come in from one session and get right back in line for the next. 

2 hours ago, evolv said:

so what's that, one lap, two laps, 20000000 laps?  How long are the laps?  Where and when are the offered?  any pre-event requirements  Details needed...   thanks

Hot laps are NON-Timed laps around Gimli Motor Sports Park Road Race Track. One session is approximately 3 hours. You’re entitled to as many laps as you and your car can handle. The track is 1.3 miles long with 8 or 9 corners depending on configuration.

WSCC RR track days are on the Friday before every road race event and before the HPDE/Race School.

Here is the Schedule.

May 4, 5 & 6th HPDE Weekend

May 25, 26 & 27th Road Race #1

June 22, 23 & 24th Road Race #2

July 20, 21, 22nd Road Race #3

August 17, 18 & 19th Road Race #4

September 21, 22 & 23rd Road Race #5

Right, thanks for the correction Mat! I meant that the lapping session ran for a certain time, but can't English today. 

English is weird, but it can be understood through tough thorough thought, though. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Corey said:

Right, thanks for the correction Mat! I meant that the lapping session ran for a certain time, but can't English today. 

English is weird, but it can be understood through tough thorough thought, though. 

Sorry Corey I didn’t want that to come across as me correcting you!