Mat

PTF Spec Tire Discussion

There is a group of racers who have brought up wanting to discuss a possible spec tire, max treadwear or illegal tire agreement for 2018. 

How do we feel as a group on this issue?

• Like 2

Sure I am all for it! But can we have an answer before the Westlake RS order deadline? Or extend the order deadline?

Also, since we voted on running PTF we can't really restrict tire choices beyond what's legal in PTF, or we are back to creating a club class again. It would have to be more of a gentleman's agreement to run a spec tire in PTF but I believe we are capable of that among the PTF civics. Not to imply that non-civic drivers are not gentlemen, but some of them may want to use a different tire to help catch up to the civics.

I propose civics running in PTF should voluntarily choose the 195 50 15 westlake RS.

Yes Don 

I personally wouldn’t support any formal written rule for this.

I thought the plan was to stick with PTF rules as written to avoid running a proprietary class unique to Gimli. Having said that a spec tire makes life a lot cheaper.

Damon

5 hours ago, dsurzyshyn said:

We are scrambling right now just for the PT Rules and undoing the Club Class stuff. Can we table any more last minute rule changes until the 2019 season please? 

Thanks.  

** Not sure why it has a blank Dsurzyshyn quote in my post. I can't get rid of it just like the rubber to ice guys can't get rid of Damon. 

• Haha 1

Yes. For 2018 drivers have to be wider than they are tall.

Order my trophy!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, chkdsk said:

We are scrambling right now just for the PT Rules and undoing the Club Class stuff. Can we table any more last minute rule changes until the 2019 season please? 

Thanks.  

** Not sure why it has a blank Dsurzyshyn quote in my post. I can't get rid of it just like the rubber to ice guys can't get rid of Damon. 

Hey I’m only gonna stick around until I beat Marcoux’s 11 championships, so maybe another 30 years? LOL

FYI - some of us have already ordered Westlake RS for the season.