Mat

World of Wheels 2018 - Worker List/Availability

Everyone is welcome to participate and from the looks of things we could use all the help we can get. We have a short timeframe to sort things out.

Let’s use this thread to list who is available and when. We need lots of outgoing people to work the booth to positively promote the club.

If you’re available before or after the show we will also need help with set up and tear down. Signup on the sheet please.

We are still looking for cars. Currently we have space reserved for 6 cars. Could anyone interested in bringing a suitable vehicle please post below. We have a few lined up but as always are hoping to have all disciplines represented. 

I believe we a have video display sorted out.

Here is the show schedule

Ill be around all days to help out. Also ill update the WSCC brochure for 2018 and get some printed out to spread around the table

• Like 1

on a side note, lets get a list of things we need and who will bring what. 

Off the top of my head i can think of:

folding table X2

chairs

tv

something to play videos on the tv

2018 Brochures

cars (duh)

Aggressive studded ice race tires

couple of slicks (new or used) to set up around booth.                I can bring 4 semi slicks 

WSCC banner (do we have on of these)

any other racing parts that look good laying around

Also, if anybody has the space to put up two Saskatchewan hooligans from Thursday to Monday, it would be much appreciated, before we book hotels. Jim has offered space to leave our trailer already. Thank you! :)

I have two 2.5 x 6 foot tables that i’d be happy to lend to the cause. Let me know if they would work. 

Edited by Need my Focusin

Due to unforeseen circumstances WSCC was unable to secure a booth at World of Wheels for 2018.

Let’s look forward to 2019 and make a proper appearance then.

There is a slim chance we will be able to secure a 4 car spot. We won’t know until approximately Feb 15th. Let’s resurrect this thread and make tentative plans.

I'm good for Friday as well.  Daytime is good and could manage 2 shifts.

Scott

Good for all 3 day's. Friday 3- 7. Saturday 10 - 3:00pm. Sunday 10 -3. Will be attending Dino's induction on Saturday evening. I Am also available for set-up. (I also cannot add name to list)

I can't seem to add my name, I can do Friday 5-10. 

I should also add, to the cars that are chosen for the display I can offer polishing on site on Thursday setup. Nothing crazy but a quick one step to add some nice shine. Or just a nice hand wax if you choose. Let me know ahead of time if you would like me to do this for you. Thanks. 

Edited by RyanB
  • Like 1

I added your name and times to the schedule with a (possible) on the setup. Is it a definite now? I will probably have time to help with setup but unortunately I will not be able to confirm until 1 hour prior. 

my car is available, running and ready to go.

-matt

...and i will of course help with set up and tear down, and i will bring my older sons to help as well.

Edited by mcorrie
add text

10 hours ago, wayne696 said:

You can put me down for Saturday and/or Sunday.

Any particular times?

I'll likely be available for at least one day but not quite sure which one yet.

On 27/01/2018 at 12:45 PM, Ianfromduff said:

on a side note, lets get a list of things we need and who will bring what. 

Off the top of my head i can think of:

folding table X2

chairs

tv

something to play videos on the tv

2018 Brochures

cars (duh)

Aggressive studded ice race tires

couple of slicks (new or used) to set up around booth.                I can bring 4 semi slicks 

WSCC banner (do we have on of these)

any other racing parts that look good laying around

Here is Darin's list from last event.

This includes but not limited to:

• Stanchions/Rope - Some have suggested exhaust pipe and brake rotors/drums,  weighted base cones etc. either way they need to be waist height.
  • Table big enough and strong enough to support a TV and have a couple members occupy the table to help with the display items and answer questions.
  • TV big enough to have a group watch cyclic videos of each discipline. (flat screen would be nice as its easy to transport)
  • A device to play the video's into the TV depending on the media supported by the TV.
  • Power Cables
  • Some Type of floor covering? (options?)
  • Volunteers to run the table and answer questions regarding the club and its disciplines (free exhibitors passes).
  • Printing services for our brochures and small signs

We are also looking for suggestions for ways to promote the club at the WOW. Last time, we had a chance to win a spot at our May HPDE.

We also had brochures and cards for us to hand out to those who were interested. 

2-19-18    Ice brochures and Damon's awesome video suite delivered to Chris B.