Membership Process - MSR

Nhil

As some may already know, since  the 2018 season the WSCC has consolidated its purchasing and renewing of memberships onto the Motorsportreg.com (MSR) platform. This is an online management system that we will use to manage both memberships and event registration. We have discontinued all other forms of renewal/registration, all new memberships and renewals will flow through MSR.

The idea behind this consolidation was to make the registration process easier to manage for our members and our executive, while allowing integration with the platform the WSCC is now using for all event registration. I hope you will all find this to be quick and easy to use.

The system is quite simple and has the ability to notify you of upcoming events both from the WSCC and with your geographic area. It will also store your personal, vehicular and payment, information if you choose to do so.

The membership purchasing and renewal steps are as follows:

1) Log on to www.motorsportreg.com using your internet browser or smartphone.

2) If you already have an MSR account, click "Sign In". If you do not have an account, click "Create Free Account". Both are located in the top right hand corner.

2a) If you do not already have an MSR account and clicked "Create Free Account" - Complete the account creation pages making sure to fill in the required fields marked with a red asterisk. You should see two pages, the first taking your name and email, the second collecting some additional useful information for your MSR profile. Hit the continue button at the bottom to complete your account creation.

3) You will now be on the "Dashboard" page of your MSR account. The "Upcoming Events" section automatically list events that are within your geographic region. This is the default landing page when you log into your MSR account. Locate the event "WSCC Annual Membership - 2024" and click that link.

4) You are now at the membership renewal event, hit the red continue button until you arrive at the box where you can enter your current WSCC membership number. If you are a new member and do not have a number, leave this blank. Hit continue once again at the bottom.

5) Enter the required information as noted by the red asterisks down the page. Choose either new membership or renewal and enter your existing WSCC membership number once again if applicable. Select "Membership Fee" for $75. If you are a lifetime or honorary member, please select only the "Lifetime or Honorary Member" option. Check the boxes under the privacy statement and the acceptance of the cancellation terms and conditions and hit the red continue button once more

6) This screen will ask you to confirm your payment. It should display $75 for regular members and $0 for lifetime/honorary members. Enter your credit card details if applicable and hit the red complete registration button. 

7) You are now complete and have registered for the 2024 season. Your credit card may not be charged right away as all registrations must be reviewed and approved by the membership director. Once reviewed your card will be charged and your status will be updated to reflect the valid registration. If you do not have a WSCC membership already, you will receive a membership number at this time.

Membership event located at this link - http://msreg.com/membership2024

If you have any issues with the membership process or any questions, please contact me at - membership.wscc@gmail.com.

FAQ's about the new process:

• Will I receive a laminated membership card?
    • No, we are no longer issuing these as membership information and numbers are now stored digitally on MSR.
  • What about walk up or paper registrations?
    • We have discontinued both of these options. With the prevalence of smartphones and being able to register digitally on site, we are asking everyone to utilize the MSR webpage via a smartphone or laptop and register there. You are able to register from a smartphone while on site at Gimli. Should a individual not have access to an internet enabled device, they can purchase a daily membership for $10 or ask to borrow a smartphone from another person on site. 
  • Where can I see my membership number?
    • Go to "My Profile" at the top right of the MSR page. Click on your name and scroll down to see a list of all memberships and your associated membership number.

Further questions and answers will be posted as they are asked.

• Thanks 2

Thank you @nhil. Appreciate the rundown. 

To Ice Racers - Time to license up!!! I already ran through the MSR process above for Bill and it was quick, easy and painless. If you do not have a document scanner for your Annual Waiver then take a photo of it with your cell phone then email to your computer to upload. 

Am I missing something here?

We have discontinued all other forms of renewal/registration, all new memberships and renewals will flow through MSR.”

Was this discussed with the entire executive and RR management team? Maybe I missed it?

9 hours ago, Mat said:

Am I missing something here?

We have discontinued all other forms of renewal/registration, all new memberships and renewals will flow through MSR.”

Was this discussed with the entire executive and RR management team? Maybe I missed it?

Yes, this was discussed at both the September and October meetings when I went over the MSR registration system. 

I don't recall any decision to discontinue paper membership apps or renewals.  This will have some drawbacks for our folks at Gimli and will involve a registration disaster on Fridays in particular.  It will also drop a number of our older members off the list, Life Members in particular who find the computerized process beyond them and haven't got grandchildren around to assist.

Could we think about an option so tech inept members like myself could have a paper process to fall back on.  

Scott

7 hours ago, Mat said:

You’re telling me we discussed discontinuing all other forms of registration at this meeting?

4 hours ago, ScottMcD said:

I don't recall any decision to discontinue paper membership apps or renewals.  This will have some drawbacks for our folks at Gimli and will involve a registration disaster on Fridays in particular.  It will also drop a number of our older members off the list, Life Members in particular who find the computerized process beyond them and haven't got grandchildren around to assist.

Could we think about an option so tech inept members like myself could have a paper process to fall back on.  

Scott

I'm going to ask we keep this thread for questions and feedback for the MSR registration process. I'll create a thread in the exec section where we can discuss further.

I did the membership director postition for most of a season and it is not fun. Most volunteers at least get the benefit of being at the track. The old way of the membership director took hours in front of a computer every weekend trying to reconcile the two websites for membership, excel files from special events, and hand written applications (some of which made me wonder how they passed the written portion of the mpi license exam). It needed to change and i appreciate an effort to make the position sustainable.  

I trust that they took into consideration the people who founded the club, who still take pride in their membership, and who do not have a computer or smart phone.  They may not be active but they should not be forsaken.  

As for walk ups if the prospective member doesnt have a smart phone perhaps the registrar should or a notebook to help facilitate this. 

Edited by Need my Focusin

• 2 weeks later...

I am in regular contact with Frank Mancini (member 4) and George Chapman (member 24). These are both long-time members of the sports car club and still very interested in what's going on.
Frank is almost blind, somewhat deaf and definitely not on a computer. His niece could print stuff off for him if necessary.
George Chapman used his work email but his secretary printed all emails so he could read them. I do not know how much office time he spends these days as he is getting on in years and retired or semi retired.
I am sure there are other lifetime members in the same boat. Maybe we could collect the addresses and have the new Afficianabo editor make sure that copies of the Afficianabo get sent to these people.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had a few questions about where to find your membership number which is now included in the FAQ.

• Where can I see my membership number?
    • Go to "My Profile" at the top right of the MSR page. Click on your name and scroll down to see a list of all memberships and your associated membership number.
Edited by Nhil

• 1 month later...

Trying to purchase my annual membership on MSR. It doesn't seem to be there anymore. I searched through events and on my dashboard. Cannot find it.

I found my member # under club memberships, but there is no way to renew or purchase another year.

Please help.

2 hours ago, Beau said:

Trying to purchase my annual membership on MSR. It doesn't seem to be there anymore. I searched through events and on my dashboard. Cannot find it.

I found my member # under club memberships, but there is no way to renew or purchase another year.

Please help.

http://wscc.motorsportreg.com/

Should be the first link on that page

Let me know if that works for you

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...