Sign in to follow this  
white_cross

Body rust?

Hey Just wondering if it matters on having body rust on a car I want to autocross? I am planning on running a classic Toyota (my parts car :)) and will be installing through the floor sub frame connectors so it should have the strength it needs. The rust I am talking about is the rockers or lack of them :)

Thanks.

Check here

Info should be in that link, pass those and you should be GTG, barring any protests for weight reduction ... :blink:

Thanks Jim.

My friend showed me the potential motor we would like to use, it is sitting in his garage he just pulled it out of the last write off he bought. Lets just call it a "Gallo 12" for now, It will be a rocket ship with the car weighing about 1600lbs. The car should look very "General Mayhem" with the 3-4 thousand dollar budget. Pretty excited about it. We are going to gather parts over the summer and possibly start the build next winter depending where our other projects are at.

Edited by white_cross

I've got a door handle or two from a '62 Buick you can have ...

• Like 1

Perfect :)  I managed to drop the driver side door while installing on the car and now the handle won't open the door from the outside. Probably just a connection on the inside though.

No, no, no, nope, it really needs a '62 door handle to work. It says so in your Mitchell manual ... page 62

now I see it there on page 62 right next to how to swap the 2015 turbo charged echo boost engine into it on page 63, Mitchel manual date publication 1974. :)