2018 Supp Regs

chkdsk

Hello everyone, 

I know you are waiting for the Supp Regs for 2018 and I have them almost done although waiting for one last part. 

I can't post them yet although here is the reader's digest: 

-          Added Xa AWD Class to RTI.
We have one competitor that is building an AWD car and is going to test it during the first Saturday at Maz in Rubber and if the car can complete lap(s) without wicked under-steer in to the bank every lap then we're going to fire it up and invite more AWD's as that is probably going to be the fastest growing aspect of our sport. 

-          $160 entrance fee instead of $140. We need a title sponsor 

-          Hans required for Studded Racers

One part that I am waiting for is the mod to a-pillar roll cage brace that was posted at end of season. Working with the specs. It will be a few days to firm up the mods for a-pillar although if you have any specific questions please PM me. 

Thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Find attached WSCC Supplementary Regulations, Ice Race 2018, WCMA Technical Regulations

Changes from previous year are highlighted in bold.  Take note of the requirement for fire retardant clothing as specified by WCMA . http://www.wcma.ca/new/racing/racing-forms

"Fire retardant is clothing is require as WCMA Technical Regulations Appx 4 section D.2   One Price Driving suits as per WCMA Technical Regulations Appx 4 section D.1 are highly recommended."

D. DRIVER SUITS AND UNDERWEAR SYSTEMS

• 1. The following one piece, driver suit/underwear systems are approved.
  • a. Suits of two layers of approved material worn with approved underwear.

• b. Suits of three layers of approved material.

• c. Suits carrying an SFI3-2A/3 rating worn with approved underwear.

• d. Suits carrying an SFI3-2A/5 or higher rating.

• e. Multilayer suits carrying an FIA Homologation.

• f. Suits, which the manufacturer states in writing meet or exceed the standards stated herein, may be substituted for that standard.

• g. It is highly recommended that underwear of approved material be worn under all driver suits.

• h. While competing, drivers should not wear any clothing composed in whole or in part of Nylon.

• i. In the case of doubt concerning the composition of a suit/underwear system, the driver shall be able to present adequate evidence that it conforms to one of the above standards.

2. For Ice Races only drivers may use Fire Resistant Coveralls (Oil Field) in place of an approved driver suit/underwear system

• a. Coveralls must be Nomex, Proban, or equal with a CSA rating.

• b. Coveralls must be clean and good condition

• c. Natural or Fire Resistant fabrics (that will not melt) are worn under the coverall

• d. Note while Fire Resistant Coveralls permitted an approved driver suit/underwear systems is recommended.

WSCC Ice Race Supp Regs 2018 - Final Draft.pdf

2017-WCMA-Technical-Regulations-Race.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2017 at 3:25 PM, chkdsk said:

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay. Here is the 2018 Supp Reg although it is still missing the point on reinforcing the a-pillar. Steve L has got me the info although both of us have been busy and haven't been able to put it in the document. 

WSCC_Ice_Race_Supp_Regs_2018.doc

So I am re-doing my intrusion bars and there is still no word on the A pillar re-inforcement?

Funny thing is 235-15 does not show intrusion bars in place. So the lower connection would have to be above them or they would have to connect to the new A pillar support bar. Somebody at FIA didn't look at the drawing too hard.

Is not pictured in a two piece configuration. So is this a little open to interpretation? What if the builder chooses to maintain a single A pillar support and cut the intrusion bar?

BTW, it seems that A pillar bar is awfully close to the steering wheel placement even with a 20 degree deflection. It is hard to tell from a single angle picture tho.

A-Pillar modification is not a mandatory requirement at this time.   Additional reinforcement instructions have not been included in the final draft of WSCC Supplementary Regulations.  

WSCC follows the ruling of it's covering bodies, WCMA and ASN/FIA. The latest WCMA Technical Regulations for cage construction do not specify the inclusion of A-Pillar reinforcement.  Expect to see this included and requirements better defined in the WCMA 2018 release, with implementation for new builds conforming to FIA regulations for 2019 season.

Additional A-Pillar reinforcement is however recommended. There is provision for this in the current WCMA regs (link to 2017-WCMA-Technical-Regulations-Race.pdf in previous posting).  See APPENDIX 1 - B.ACCEPTED DESIGNS - 1.FIA,ab Cages that conform to the FIA International Sporting Code article 253...

"nopistons" has posted a FIA reference above with diagrams showing how to position the A-pillar reinforcement.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived