Sign in to follow this  
SoloSnapshots

Sept 17 co-drive

Hey Michael,

I think I owe you one ... cant' thank you enough for the awesome photo from June 11th event where you caught the white 2017 Focus RS #65 sending a cone flying. Talk about capturing the moment and nailing a novice doing what a novice does best.

I'd like to offer you a co-drive on Sunday but need to follow up on a couple of co-drive offers I made to Max and Zachary for that weekend.

This is my first year at AutoSlalom and I'm trying to hook up as many co-drives as possible with experienced drivers so I can get their input.  I've done 3 so far with Curtis Janzen, Brian Turko, and Chris Deacon.  Now I've got proof that the car can go six seconds faster than I'm driving it.

Michael, let me know a little bit about yourself and driving experience and if Sunday doesn't work out, then maybe the last weekend in September?

Thanks Brian, I'm Steve but I do get called Michael fairly often because of my last name.  I started autocrossing around 2002 with a 92 Integra in DSS, moved on to a 91 NX2000 in DSS/DSP/STS and finished with a 97 Miata in CSP/STS2.  Locally I have a few 1st - 3rd place season trophies, some regional trophies from Saskatoon's Super Slalom and took 1st in CSP at the 2009 at Canadian nationals with a borrowed Solstice prepared for stock class.  In the past 6 years I've only done about 3 events with two happening this year.  The first event this summer I finished 8th for raw times in Jeremy's 325 (2.2 seconds off Jeremy) before mechanical issues ended our day early and the second event I finished 12th in Curtis' FRS.  Also 2.2 seconds off his time.

I'd offer again but I remember what happened last time. I kid. Another face we don't see often anymore has already asked to co-drive on Sunday.

+1 for Steve.

57 minutes ago, evolv said:

Hey Steve if you can remember how to drive a Miata give me a call...   29 zero 5274

Karl

There go your rear tires Karl! Do you not recall how much smoke Steve could get out of a Miata!  lol

Another vote for Steve. 

13 hours ago, justkickin said:

There go your rear tires Karl! Do you not recall how much smoke Steve could get out of a Miata!  lol

Another vote for Steve. 

Excuse 134 to get new tires

On 9/12/2017 at 8:32 PM, justkickin said:

Another vote for Steve. 

It was time for new tires anyways.

n597411427_74153_1272.jpg

• Haha 1

I did not think a Miata could overpower its rear tires. Must've been all seasons. :lol:

1 hour ago, Beau said:

I did not think a Miata could overpower its rear tires. Must've been all seasons. :lol:

I think that was when I was E-Stock.  185 Azenis at the end of their life most likely.

No spins from me yesterday. :)  Karl's car was a lot of fun to drive!  Predictable with great turn in and some nice heated seats to keep you warm while waiting for marshalls to clean up after Curtis' run.

• Like 5