Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Event #14, Sep 9

Awesome course!  Simple, yet deceptively tricky to do well.  Great teamwork from everyone to make do without radios for the first heat!  

Here's my 3rd run: 

I was a little optimistic on my braking into the North hairpin on my 4th run:  (LOL!)

3 hours ago, Corey said:

Awesome course!  Simple, yet deceptively tricky to do well.  Great teamwork from everyone to make do without radios for the first heat!  

Here's my 3rd run: 

I was a little optimistic on my braking into the North hairpin on my 4th run:  (LOL!)

Just blame it on the lack of grip, you were adjusting from the concrete still :P You do get style point though as that was a nice way around that pivot. 

Looks like a great course. 

Simple yet fun and challenging, if your eyes weren't looking ahead it was easy to get into trouble. The Regal has been a fun car to get into the hobby gaining a ton of experience!

Nice slide Corey! Have you thought about doing a drift event :P?

really fun course yesterday. It was nice to have more than 18 or so people out as well. 

Forgot to bring my camera unfortunately 

That was a fun course, I was at the rev limiter through the mid section just before the south end slalom as you head south and at the end of the same slalom heading north before the finish.

My run 3 was comical, first I was late on the brakes at the south pivot then I was late on a turn heading south on one of the cross over cones, then as I head into the last south end slalom a loose pen on my dash (which I forgot to store after using it 10 minutes earlier) falls onto my feet, but we're not done yet!  As I head towards the finish I reach for 3rd and leave it in neutral, with my gas fully depressed the car is screaming....   Palm Slap

Really enjoyed that course! Good job Shawn. 

Chris and I fought a lack of rear grip all day. Probably should have retired the Nexen's after the last event but they felt fine. We got a total of 89 runs out of the Nexen's, not counting the last 6 fun runs that were done yesterday. They were good until they let go, and there was no sign last week that they had lost their grip. It seems like once they get to the wear bars they start to wear really fast. We moved the tires front to back at run 58. This compares to the prior set of Bridgestones I had that went 120 solid runs, and were flipped at about run 60. As the Bridgestones are on sale at Costco and the Nexen's came from Tirerack, the Nexen's are actually $186.78 more per set than the Bridgestones and the Bridgestones are 10mm wider.  

So much for tires, now for some fastest run videos.

Tim Run 3

Chris Run 4

And for those that are curious, here is my run 3 using the LG G6 and Harry's Lap Timer with OBDII and an external GPS. 

https://youtu.be/fwFY8BhxexA 

Edited by justkickin

Did anyone grab some data for this event, I would be interested in knowing what max speeds were obtained and in what sections.

1 hour ago, evolv said:

Did anyone grab some data for this event, I would be interested in knowing what max speeds were obtained and in what sections.

My last video link in the post above yours shows my max speeds on the Harry's lap timer. I hit the limiter in 2nd in two spots IIRC.