Corey

2017 SCCA Nationals

I can see why people put the SCCA Nationals on their bucket list.  Your videos were awesome and gave great insight as to the atmosphere of the event as well as the challenges of the course layout.  You could feel the emotion in the last video  with your fist pump and drive back to the pits.  

You made us all proud Corey!  ... and let's wish the best for Mark and Briget.

Mark finished in 7th today, 2 spots back from a trophy which is only .174 sec's from the hardware....      Go Mark Go...  we're cheering for you!

Congrats Corey! That's very exciting. It's been 5 years since I was at Lincoln, I really want to go back now after watching your videos.

Good luck to Team Pink Panther!

Helluva job Corey! 

@Brian Wiebe Some of are heading to Spring Nats in 2018, you should come along. Similar experience just a little smaller (about 300 cars) and not quite as intense. It is a great intro if you plan to go in the Fall. 

After the T&T yesterday, Mark & Briget were having wheelspin issues. They were diving into the car to fix it as I was leaving for the banquet. Crummy. Hopefully they can work some magic tonight! 

Brian, yes, I got all choked up after that one. I'm very hard on myself, and that was a nice step back to where I hoped to be. But they don't have someone to let you know about cones near the finish, so I wasn't sure until I got back to the pits and heard from someone else. And I certainly didn't know the time put me back in the trophies! That lucky rerun dramatically changed the tone of my day/week. 

Unfortunately, Heyward was a little glum as I stole his trophy as the last car in the heat. 

Oh, and I didn't even mention the pits. The sheer volume of cars/trailers is like nothing you've seen before. I'd like to go early/stay late to just be able to walk around and see more stuff and chat with folks. 

I might have to plan for this next year but I am not sure taking my car would make sense as I don't plan to run race tires and they don't have a street tire class. To make it worse I'll be in SM next season and even more underprepped comparatively than I already am.

Here are some shots from the Paddock for the guys from Ontario and Quebec. This year they rented motorhomes right down in Lincoln and had them delivered to site as their own personal hotel and party zone. Sadly my car wasn't ready in time to drive down, but they felt required to make me jealous so i come down next year. A previous year we went down a couple days early and caught the CornHuskers home opener!!! 106000 for a football game was quite the experience!

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

Corey - Thanks for the e-street grid view as you drove by. Makes the hurt that much worse :P

JT - there was a Lincoln vs winnipeg (gold eyes) baseball game last night in Lincoln. Would have been worth attending had we been down there. 

Something will have to give next year... I have to go. 

As of 2:04 pm Mark has one run left, currently sitting in 6th place, .063 secs back of that 5th place trophy.  Here's wishing him the best of luck!

Unofficial results...  Mark's best run was his 2nd, still leaving him .063 secs back.

Noticed a 1946 Jeep YC-J finished in 3rd, interesting looking machine.

4048906_orig.jpg

That reminds me of a Honda Element I saw once that had a sticker on the back that said "screw aerodynamics"

16 hours ago, evolv said:

Hey what the?  I just noticed Bridget is in EM, not EML...  What happened there?

They both get warm tires that way. A huge advantage with slicks! 

There are two of those 'Jeeps' in EM. The rules need it to look roughly like a production car, so why not a Jeep? LOL! Both built by Del Long as I recall. I think they're around 400 hp and under 1800 lbs, built on dirt track chassis as they're cheap. 

Congrats on the trophy, Corey! Sounds like you're starting to feel at home in the flying chicken. 

Thanks all! Yes, it's starting to feel like *my* car. 

For a contrast, here's an A-Mod car doing the East course in 42 seconds. Holy crap! 

• Like 1

Meanwhile in Dmod: :lol:

That was outrageous,  after watching that and seeing the Pink Panther, I think I want an MG without a windshield.