• Announcements

• Jim Eh.

World of Wheels volunteers needed   02/08/2018

Go here to sign up on the sheet if you can spare some time to help in the booth. Help is also needed and appreciated for setup and tear down. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ULmhhNo7nK2dEgrvcdFmSPx0uMUPMl4WxbUcwfXz-Is/edit?usp=sharing
Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Course setup

I thought I would just start a thread as a few people have approached me about helping with course setup. Normally @helix will be doing the courses so I will leave it to him to ask for help and coordinate that.

Helix, both @Brian Wiebe and @rjames have expressed some interest in helping out. I think Corey Matthews also said he's be open for a call for help...sorry I don't know his user name here

Maybe use this thread to let people know when you are going to be at the track and setting up.

If anyone else is interested please just post up here so we know who we can call on to ask for help.

Hi Brian and James, looks like neither of you can join event #6 & 7 this weekend judging from your last post.

I will be at St. Andrews setting up for event #6 on Friday around 6pm, anyone is welcome to join. Reply to this thread if you are interested so that I know who to expect, thanks.

Unfortunately, I won't be there on Saturday...

And BIG thanks to Shawn for covering event #7 for me! 

I am interested in helping out too of course.  

"Maybe use this thread to let people know when you are going to be at the track and setting up." - perfect idea indeed :)

No I will be at event 7 for sure and most likely event 6 as well. I work 10 mins away so I should be able to run over there and help a bit

Thank you all!! I will put up a post/message here on Friday about 40mins before arriving st. andrews, that way there will be zero waiting time for you.

Also, I am going to create a new post "Novice taxi" in the next 45 mins, I would appreciate any feedback there, thanks in advance

Helix

Good stuff Helix!!  I will plan to come out Friday at 6:00 PM.  I will check your update tomorrow in case the time (or weather) has changed.  Either way, expect to see me out there.  I'll bring out my truck in case you want to use it as the "wagon" to carry and setup the cones.

Awesome Brian, thanks for the help and will look forward to making this a fun learning experience together.

Who ever is serious about learning course design, I have my "guide" from legend Roger Johnson I can lend out.  If it disappears I'll give a beat down though :P

Just now, MRS Joe said:

Who ever is serious about learning course design, I have my "guide" from legend Roger Johnson I can lend out.  If it disappears I'll give a beat down though :P

YES PLEASE! 

1 hour ago, LastV8 said:

YES PLEASE! 

Not sure if you want the guide or the beat down.

If you search for 'Roger Johnson course design manual', it comes up on the first link. 

4 hours ago, codewhore said:

Not sure if you want the guide or the beat down.

Which ever one is more thorough :)

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎08 at 8:45 PM, helix said:

Awesome Brian, thanks for the help and will look forward to making this a fun learning experience together.

Just checking to see if any help is needed Friday evening to set up course for July 8th event.

Your help would be appreciated, FYI, I might not get to the track until 7pm tomorrow. Same drill as last time, will send in a post when I leave work (work ---> st. andrews ~45mins)

I will try to make it out for this too. Can you please text me in case I am not able to check the forums?

Just checking in again.  Will you guys be setting up the course for the Saturday Level 2 School on Friday evening?  If so, let me know if you need help.

Setup for the school/test and tune will be starting on Friday around 6:30 PM

@helix it looks like the number of entrants for the school is really low which means that it will probably be done really early. Perhaps plan on being out at the track by 2pm if possible. If you can upload a map of Sunday's course I can get started on setup when we are done the school. I will keep in touch via text how the day is shaping up and when we expect to wrap up.

@Brian Wiebe I was talking with @justkickin earlier in the week about course setup and we are planning on being out at the track probably around 6:30ish after grabbing a bite to eat. I don't expect that I need a lot of extra help, I plan to keep it pretty simple and use as few cones as I can, but you are welcome to join in.

We will probably grab something to eat around 5 and then head to the track. I'll try to post up here where we plan to go once we know where we are going.