• Announcements

• Jim Eh.

World of Wheels volunteers needed   02/08/2018

Go here to sign up on the sheet if you can spare some time to help in the booth. Help is also needed and appreciated for setup and tear down. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ULmhhNo7nK2dEgrvcdFmSPx0uMUPMl4WxbUcwfXz-Is/edit?usp=sharing
Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Course setup

Meeting at Four Crowns (the restaurant at the hotel) on 1030 McPhillips at 5 for a quick bite then off to the track. Should be at the track by 6:30.

If anyone is interested in helping with course setup for this weekend, I will be doing the setup on Friday evening at about 6pm...at St Andrews airport. Currently I don't have any plan but will try to put something together before so we are not just shooting in the dark. Setup for Sunday will be after the race on Saturday.

If anyone has suggestions on something they would like to see, please either post it up here or send me an email/text/pm and I'll see what I can do.

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

If anyone is interested in helping with course setup for this weekend, I will be doing the setup on Friday evening at about 6pm...at St Andrews airport. Currently I don't have any plan but will try to put something together before so we are not just shooting in the dark. Setup for Sunday will be after the race on Saturday.

If anyone has suggestions on something they would like to see, please either post it up here or send me an email/text/pm and I'll see what I can do.

Slight change...I have to swing by Audi at 345 so I will just head to St Andrews after that and should be there at 5pm

Shawn,

As of 8:30 PM Thursday we have 7 people registered for Saturday's event.  Maybe the weather is holding back registration. According to Environment Canada (never right with weather predictions) it should be raining steady Friday evening and night and intermittent rain on Saturday.

I'm available to help course setup on Friday evening, but I think we would have to do it as early as possible to avoid the heavy rain in the late evening.  Having said that, should we wait until 5:00 PM Friday to ensure we have enough entries (minimum 11) for Saturday?

And as a side note to Tim's last post, I think most driver's in his class would prefer that he keep his car on jack stands.

Shawn/Helix,

Not sure who is doing course setup for event #17 but if you need help, I'm available Friday evening.  Just let me know.

10 hours ago, Brian Wiebe said:

Shawn/Helix,

Not sure who is doing course setup for event #17 but if you need help, I'm available Friday evening.  Just let me know.

I am aiming for 5:30 at the latest as we start running out of light by 7ish. If I can get started earlier I will but will see how the day goes. I believe Helix is coming out too to help with the setup.

Yes, I will try to get there around 5:30 pm, thanks for taking course design off my plate Shawn, very much appreciated, I will also try to swing by on Saturday after the event to help Sunday course setup

Helix

Hey Guys,

I enjoy helping out in the course setup and getting into discussions about the best way to lay out a course ... good learning experience.  I agree with Shawn that daylight is no longer in our favour, so I will come out early around 5:00 PM.  If you guys don't arrive until later, that's fine ... I can always practice my drifting!

By the way Shawn, did you get the flat fixed or get a replacement wheel for the cone wagon?

No replacement wheel or patch kit. We will just have to pump it up before loading up.