Course setup

I thought I would just start a thread as a few people have approached me about helping with course setup. Normally @helix will be doing the courses so I will leave it to him to ask for help and coordinate that.

Helix, both @Brian Wiebe and @rjames have expressed some interest in helping out. I think Corey Matthews also said he's be open for a call for help...sorry I don't know his user name here

Maybe use this thread to let people know when you are going to be at the track and setting up.

If anyone else is interested please just post up here so we know who we can call on to ask for help.

Hi Brian and James, looks like neither of you can join event #6 & 7 this weekend judging from your last post.

I will be at St. Andrews setting up for event #6 on Friday around 6pm, anyone is welcome to join. Reply to this thread if you are interested so that I know who to expect, thanks.

Unfortunately, I won't be there on Saturday...

And BIG thanks to Shawn for covering event #7 for me! 

Thank you all!! I will put up a post/message here on Friday about 40mins before arriving st. andrews, that way there will be zero waiting time for you.

Also, I am going to create a new post "Novice taxi" in the next 45 mins, I would appreciate any feedback there, thanks in advance

Helix

Good stuff Helix!!  I will plan to come out Friday at 6:00 PM.  I will check your update tomorrow in case the time (or weather) has changed.  Either way, expect to see me out there.  I'll bring out my truck in case you want to use it as the "wagon" to carry and setup the cones.

Just now, MRS Joe said:

Who ever is serious about learning course design, I have my "guide" from legend Roger Johnson I can lend out.  If it disappears I'll give a beat down though :P

YES PLEASE! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Setup for the school/test and tune will be starting on Friday around 6:30 PM

@helix it looks like the number of entrants for the school is really low which means that it will probably be done really early. Perhaps plan on being out at the track by 2pm if possible. If you can upload a map of Sunday's course I can get started on setup when we are done the school. I will keep in touch via text how the day is shaping up and when we expect to wrap up.

• 4 weeks later...

@Brian Wiebe I was talking with @justkickin earlier in the week about course setup and we are planning on being out at the track probably around 6:30ish after grabbing a bite to eat. I don't expect that I need a lot of extra help, I plan to keep it pretty simple and use as few cones as I can, but you are welcome to join in.

We will probably grab something to eat around 5 and then head to the track. I'll try to post up here where we plan to go once we know where we are going.

If anyone is interested in helping with course setup for this weekend, I will be doing the setup on Friday evening at about 6pm...at St Andrews airport. Currently I don't have any plan but will try to put something together before so we are not just shooting in the dark. Setup for Sunday will be after the race on Saturday.

If anyone has suggestions on something they would like to see, please either post it up here or send me an email/text/pm and I'll see what I can do.

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

If anyone is interested in helping with course setup for this weekend, I will be doing the setup on Friday evening at about 6pm...at St Andrews airport. Currently I don't have any plan but will try to put something together before so we are not just shooting in the dark. Setup for Sunday will be after the race on Saturday.

If anyone has suggestions on something they would like to see, please either post it up here or send me an email/text/pm and I'll see what I can do.

Slight change...I have to swing by Audi at 345 so I will just head to St Andrews after that and should be there at 5pm

Shawn,

As of 8:30 PM Thursday we have 7 people registered for Saturday's event.  Maybe the weather is holding back registration. According to Environment Canada (never right with weather predictions) it should be raining steady Friday evening and night and intermittent rain on Saturday.

I'm available to help course setup on Friday evening, but I think we would have to do it as early as possible to avoid the heavy rain in the late evening.  Having said that, should we wait until 5:00 PM Friday to ensure we have enough entries (minimum 11) for Saturday?

And as a side note to Tim's last post, I think most driver's in his class would prefer that he keep his car on jack stands.

Archived