Event #5

I still need to compile my video but am embarrassed to post it. some cones I am easily a foot off of the line I should be on and I think I blew the pivots by 5+ feet. So many places that I can see hundreds or tenths of a second being wasted. I find that especially in the "sweepers" that my heavy car is hard to place. @Corey it comes down to something you tell the rookies on the walks about opening and closing the arc as you add/remove throttle. I setup for an element but realize I can add some more throttle but doing so just pulls me off my line. I need to be more aggressive on my line selection when it come to those elements and start aiming for them knowing I will drift past.

Also on one of my runs I felt the back end start to lose grip going into the South hairpin and thought I might end in the grass if I got on the brakes...but on the video you can hardly see the wiggle. 

3 hours ago, codewhore said:

Also on one of my runs I felt the back end start to lose grip going into the South hairpin and thought I might end in the grass if I got on the brakes...but on the video you can hardly see the wiggle. 

You need to get you butt dyno calibrated is all.

7 hours ago, codewhore said:

I still need to compile my video but am embarrassed to post it. some cones I am easily a foot off of the line I should be on and I think I blew the pivots by 5+ feet. So many places that I can see hundreds or tenths of a second being wasted. I find that especially in the "sweepers" that my heavy car is hard to place.

The fact you can see these "mistakes" in your videos means you are able to critique yourself and hopefully learn from those mistakes and improve your driving. That's the power of video analysis right there. I found it very valuable when I was a bit more serious about racing a couple of years ago. It's not as good as individual coaching or a school, but it's better than nothing.

Plus, I love watching other peoples' videos. So post 'em up!

Thanks for sharing Corey. Did you change your gearing? I seem to remember you needing 3rd (and sometimes 4th!) gear a lot last year.

Trying to post my video the forums tell me this:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

=====================================================================================

Now to my post:

Liked the course. The speed changes in the middle sections are nice, really makes sure you are looking ahead. 

This was my last and fastest run. Some mistakes were made, and not all of them were the fault of the old tires.

Don't think we want to relive my second run any time soon. Glad the timer survived. 

My GoPro video is a lot more stable. Has anyone found a way to make the phone mounts more stable? 

You can find the video on YouTube if you like at

youtu.be/EZ8OZ9d4iIA?list=PL-HbuC-Cf-QJO0Pr9nYL7moSAmbEOdn9Y

Same error here.

Fun course!  I think we all left a bunch of time out there.  Nearly drove over the middle cone on the North pivot among other things...  Sure glad I didn't hear Jeremy after I approached and overshot the starting line (thanks Shawn by the way), left that tidbit in the vid....  Way too much build up Jeremy!

https://youtu.be/ut4VgVyofBM

23 hours ago, Beau said:

Thanks for sharing Corey. Did you change your gearing? I seem to remember you needing 3rd (and sometimes 4th!) gear a lot last year.

I did shift to 3rd twice. Once as I went by the pits and once on the way to the finish line. Hard to hear over the rattles and wind noise! 

A great course, I enjoyed it. I bounced against rev limiter (70 mph) for a lot of my 1st and 2nd runs. For my 3rd run I shifted to 3rd and was really flying but didn't slow enough for when the course tightened up and spun it good. Similar problem in 4th run, using 3rd gear but not checking up enough when I needed to. There were low 55's for the taking but I couldn't pull it off.

Yeah the constant errors on the forum are driving me nuts.

Here is my video of my fastest run (3rd run) on Sunday. I had a really dirty 58.xxx for a first run and thought it was impossible to get that time clean but after watching my videos, it was there for the taking. The main camera shifted from a previous run...I need to get a better mount. Also I need to look at collecting data. I wanted to do that this year but just ran out of funds to get a good data logger. Might have to just do something phone based.

https://youtu.be/ZklBdPekrtU

Some of the file limits are in the process of being adjusted on the server our forums have been moved to. The tech in charge of our server is away on holidays this week so it has to wait until next week. We are aware of the problem and are trying to get them to correct it. If anyone is getting a different error than what Tim listed please PM me. Also include the file format please.

Archived