Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluesi92

FS: 2006 Honda S2000 Laguna Blue Pearl (Mike Woo's)

18 posts in this topic

Mike Woo is selling his beautiful '06 Honda S2000.  He's having trouble getting onto this site (as have I over the past few days) so I offered to put a plug in here for him. It would be nice to keep this car in the "family".

Here's a link to his ad on Top Tier Imports:  http://toptierimports.com/index.php?topic=13201.msg284401;topicseen#msg284401

There's also a Kijiji ad that should be easy to track down if you look for it.  It's also posted on Reddit.

1 person likes this

Thanks Nick. I've been trying for two days now. Kept getting a "forbidden" error code.

Oh wow, very nice. Does it include membership into the MWR club? 

1 person likes this

On 5/23/2017 at 0:14 PM, Beau said:

Oh wow, very nice. Does it include membership into the MWR club? 

It does not but the new buyer can potentially join. 

Car passed saftey today. Been speaking with someone from Virginia and he is going to look into exporting. Hopefully it's as easy as I imagine.

If you have the original title, it really is. You need authorization to take the car south and to take it across on behalf of the new owner. 

Good luck. 74 cent dollar works in our favour. 

1 person likes this

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:46 PM, MRS Joe said:

If you have the original title, it really is. You need authorization to take the car south and to take it across on behalf of the new owner. 

Good luck. 74 cent dollar works in our favour. 

Thanks for the tip. How do I get authorization to take the car south?

I'm guessing that if they load it onto a trailer then the truck driver needs authorization.

Honestly the easiest way to do it is to meet the truck in pembina. Drive it across yourself and ship it from state side. With the original title it was very easy to take it back across. Otherwise you pay big money for a broker to clear the car 

They didn't even look at the car when taking the spyder back south. 

1 person likes this

I did it a bit differently than Joe. When I sold my car to a US resident, the car was technically sold in Canada and became his possession in my driveway (even though he never stepped foot in Canada). So, legally speaking, it was his vehicle to import. Even though I ended up driving it to meet him in the US, it was his car. I was simply a transporter at that time. There was a form to fill out at the border and that's it. I filled it out on his behalf because he (the owner) is "importing" it into the USA.

The only tricky part was insuring the car during transport because it was legally his vehicle, but I was driving it. That got messy, but PM or call me if you want details.

Either way you do it, be sure to keep a copy of the bill of sale (duh) and also find a way to record the exchange rate on the date of funds transfer/conversion. I had to provide this to MB Gov't when I claimed a PST rebate. If you buy & sell a car within 6 months of each other, you can claim a PST rebate from Gov't of MB. I wasn't sure if I could do this since the buyer paid me in USD, but sure enough, I was able to. It was a headache dealing with the gov't worker and took far longer than it should have, but in the end I got a nice fat cheque. Sweet! :)

1 person likes this

Car is now on autotrader and a fresh batch of scammers have flooded my inbox lol.

4 hours ago, themikewoo said:

Car is now on autotrader and a fresh batch of scammers have flooded my inbox lol.

Scammers?  O.o

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, LastV8 said:

Scammers?  O.o

Oh yeah. I'm planning on compiling screen shots to show how stupid they are.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0