2017 Event #3 - Saturday May 13

Hi all,

If you are planning on attending this Saturday's autoslalom please register early. Right now we have 6 people registered up and we need 20 (at a minimum) to make it viable. If numbers are too low we might have to cancel the event. We will have to make the "go no-go" call early Friday evening.

Shawn

Current count is 11 entries. Please register if you plan to attend and if you know of anyone else interested please ask them to register. Around 5pm today we will check the numbers again to see where we are at. We normally do the course setup Friday night but I really don't want the team spending 2+ hours building a course just to have to go tear it down tomorrow unused but I also don't want to cancel the event early in case we get a flood of late entries. I guess we will play it by ear.

For those that registered please watch this post and check your email for updates.

Shawn

Good thing I checked here I will keep my eye on this post. Last year people often waited till last minute to register and the event would fill up right? I am just in the middle of getting ready for tomorrow. I will still pack up my stuff to go just in case.

What if registration closed at noon the day before events? I know it would eliminate all the excitement some of us are feeling right now but it would give everyone more time to deal with whatever situations may arise.

1 hour ago, Jim Eh. said:

Can you remember the last time an event was called due to lack of drivers?

This is exactly what I was thinking. 

Not sure if having all these individual events spread out or having that many more is keeping people away. 

I know several people simply cannot do saturdays so that in itself takes 2-3 people out of the potential mix. 

Especially for events like gimli I would close it noon or 36 hours ahead as who wants to go out and setup for an event that potentially won't happen. 

That's correct. Of course I will be there by about 6:00 - 6:30 to do the course setup so anytime after that you will be fine. No one will be available to check you in though until 9:00.

Sorry for causing a bunch of excitement everyone and this situation has shed some light on how we can do things better or at least some food for thought.

Archived