Stage Rally Event - Headwaters Regional Rally - May 20th

Are you interested in Rally racing? Looking to get involved with either volunteering or competing in a Rallycross or Stage Rally event with the WSCC?  In order to get there, we need interested people to get involved with attending events in the surrounding areas and volunteering their time.  Being a part of a Regional or National rally event is a great way to understand what it takes to put on a Rally event locally in Manitoba.  Without a group of volunteers that is committed to learning what it takes to make an event happen, Rallysport in Manitoba will never happen.  We need you!

May 20th is the Headwaters Regional Rally event in Walker, Minnesota.  Full details here: https://www.americanrallyassociation.org/headwaters

It's less than a 5 hour drive to the event, and only a 1-day commitment.  This is a great opportunity to get involved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Are you wanting to take a group of us from our club to check out the event you linked in the first post to help out with the event, or to just attend? What are you looking for in a volunteer for our events? I don't mind entering a couple of events for fun. I just don't have a car that could go hard core yet as my Subaru is also the same car that needs to get me to work the next day. In winter my Subie sees a lot of sideways So a rally would probably be a good thing for me :)  I would love to run a car in more dedicated events if we start hosting them in our club. A friend and I have a vintage celica with a 300hp echoboost that is supposed to be going into it. We are building it to run autocross events. We may end up wanting to try out some rally events with it. I know we both would love to try the targa rally some day.

Edited by white_cross

On 2/13/2018 at 9:38 PM, white_cross said:

Are you wanting to take a group of us from our club to check out the event you linked in the first post to help out with the event, or to just attend? What are you looking for in a volunteer for our events? I don't mind entering a couple of events for fun. I just don't have a car that could go hard core yet as my Subaru is also the same car that needs to get me to work the next day. In winter my Subie sees a lot of sideways So a rally would probably be a good thing for me :)  I would love to run a car in more dedicated events if we start hosting them in our club. A friend and I have a vintage celica with a 300hp echoboost that is supposed to be going into it. We are building it to run autocross events. We may end up wanting to try out some rally events with it. I know we both would love to try the targa rally some day.

Excellent questions!

The desire is to take groups of people to events to spectate or volunteer - volunteering is the goal but not everyone is ready to dive into that right away, although the spectating experience you get from volunteering at a station is incredible.  A group of us will be organizing an official event to head down to Ojibwe Forests Rally 2018 this year in August - it is an incredible event and the VIP spectator experience is second to none.  It will get everyone hooked right away

And yes, we will be hosting a rallycross event this year, and working towards Stage Rally in Manitoba.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-02-16 at 11:48 AM, Jaarreedd said:

Excellent questions!

The desire is to take groups of people to events to spectate or volunteer - volunteering is the goal but not everyone is ready to dive into that right away, although the spectating experience you get from volunteering at a station is incredible.  A group of us will be organizing an official event to head down to Ojibwe Forests Rally 2018 this year in August - it is an incredible event and the VIP spectator experience is second to none.  It will get everyone hooked right away

And yes, we will be hosting a rallycross event this year, and working towards Stage Rally in Manitoba.

awesome I will be looking here for updates.

• 3 months later...
On 2/16/2018 at 11:48 AM, Jaarreedd said:

Excellent questions!

Looking forward to hearing more about this group trip. I would likely volunteer to marshal if it all works out. 

Dates are Aug 24-25