Worker's Schwag/Donation for Gimli

chkdsk

Hello all Ice Racers!

Gimli is our final race and our time to salute our workers and we do that with a minor donation. Each and every one of us needs to come up with some kind of donation by Saturday at Gimli worth $20 max and hand it over to one of the Stewart family.

If your car did a lap on the track this year then you need a donation item.

Thank you,.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Drivers - wow what a generous and much appreciated donation of goodies for the workers today!.  ... and what an awesome season of races.

I encountered one little "shwag snag"  - I got a white tim horton's card with $25 written on it in felt pen.  this was one of the loose ones that was not in the little envelopes.

It looks like the tim hortons cash register happily took the driver's money, but that money didn't get loaded on the tim card.  

if you still have your receipt - the last 4 digits of the tim's card in question is "2930".  
Maybe we can coordinate the tim card, the sales receipt and a tim hortons cash register having a brief reunion sometime.... and I'll buy coffee

Hi Don

Sorry about this, it looks like this may be from our side, can you call Marlene at 795 7233.   She will double check her receipt.

Will get this fixed up.

Thank you to the volunteers, this would not be possible with out your time. 

We picked up two $25 tim Horton cards so if some one else has another card with felt pen writing double check your card. We picked them up in Gimli. Let us know if there is a issue. If they screwed up one they may have screwed up the other.

thanks

Peter

CLD

I'll hijack this thread to send out a big thank you to all the driver's for stepping up and getting a worker's schwag donation. I know we all scramble packing up our race car stuff and it's easy to forget a donation for the workers but every single one of you came through except for only one driver which I will have a personal conversation with. 

We need to remember these volunteers are the ones driving themselves to and from the race on their own dime just for the honor of standing on a frozen pond in minus 6 million windchill while we race our tin cans around and around with smiles on our faces 

Thank you to all the volunteers that made the 2017 Ice Racing Season what it was. We all salute you! 

Archived