Summer 2017 - Calgary Trip

justkickin

I am going. Have hotel and vacation booked. Just need to find a way to get my wheels/tires there. If my daughter doesn't come then they should fit in the car. Alternate plan would be to buy a hitch and borrow a trailer and transport that way.

@Beau will your trailer handle a set of 4 19x9.5 wheels with 265/35 tires weighing about 47 lbs each?

Another idea is if anyone that is going has room in their vehicle or trailer to take them? If so what do you want as compensation?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Those numbers are the ones I threw in there.  You can go in (update/change registration) and pick a pair of numbers that work better for you and are easier to change between runs.  We insist on unique numbers for each driver, but there is no other requirement.

6 hours ago, Magner said:

Hey Murray, 

Thanks for the heads up. FYI 401 and 402 in A street are codrivers, not sure if the numbers are correct or how you guys list them.

Thanks

Did you change them? Make it 14 and 41 (or 114) if you can. I only have a 1 and 4 for the vinyls...if they still stick (and I don't think I can get new ones to Pembina by Tuesday).

@MurrayPeterson Do we need class letters on the car? 

No requirement for class letters, and masking tape is allowed.  So if 14 is reserved, you can always go with 114 and 411 (masking tape for the extra 1), with only the 4 being moved for driver swaps.

You can change your numbers in MSR yourself -- no need for me to go in an do it for you.

3 hours ago, justkickin said:

Did you change them? Make it 14 and 41 (or 114) if you can. I only have a 1 and 4 for the vinyls...if they still stick (and I don't think I can get new ones to Pembina by Tuesday).

@MurrayPeterson Do we need class letters on the car? 

41 and 14 are reversed by locals, I took 141 go for 114.

@MurrayPeterson it says that we need membership cards when we sign in...I am not sure I can get a new card printed in time. It was suggested that some of the Calgary crew might be able to vouch for us as I don't think I am the only one in this predicament. Thoughts?

Shawn

3 hours ago, Magner said:

On that note, I haven't received a 2017 membership card either this year. Anyone else?

The process to create, laminate and e-mail membership info is fairly painful. 

If some efficiencies can be found by eliminating the arts and craft portion we are trying to do it.

4 hours ago, codewhore said:

@MurrayPeterson it says that we need membership cards when we sign in...I am not sure I can get a new card printed in time. It was suggested that some of the Calgary crew might be able to vouch for us as I don't think I am the only one in this predicament. Thoughts?

Shawn

Most clubs have stopped issuing membership cards :( We accept a cell phone pic of your membership email. Or I can vouch for you guys myself if you wish.

Um, can't we just login to our MR profiles and show you the active membership? Assuming of course someone doesn't know us out there. And I am pretty sure we all know at least one person in each club. I keep alignment printouts, not membership letters. I should qualify from that alone. Lol

Well golly...I actually saved the membership PDF to one of my cloud drives. Apparently I am a pack rat. lol

• 2 weeks later...

We are a go! WSCC to represent at the Calgary WCMA regional event:

Tim and I in A-Street with the Vette

Curtis in D-Street with the FRS

Rob in STR with the S2000

Shawn in ASP with the S4 (S=Subaru Slayer)

Corey in the C-Mod Banana

Now sure if they have live event timing but we will post back with updates.

Reijo confirmed the event format:

We will be running one course in the morning and then another course in the afternoon (morning course in the reverse direction plus some minorish changes).

Therefore each day is counted as two separate events and your time will be determined from the best morning run added to the best afternoon run.  This is the case on Saturday and then again on Sunday.  In effect you will be running 4 events this weekend!  How fun, eh?   :)

Putting it another way, 2 courses in one day and your best run from each determines your placing.

16 timed runs in 2 days, not bad!. For comparison Spring Nationals is 18 runs over 4 days (12, Pro-Solo, 6 Champ Tour). Would be neat if we could double up events like this at home.

Thanks for posting results, Murray.

Glad to see there was some good competition. Looks like there are a couple of ringers in Calgary - Ryan and Cam really cleaned house! After that it looks like a really healthy battle for the next 10 or so spots between a few Wpg guys and a few Calgary guys. That's great to see! Must have been a fun and exciting event. Can't wait to hear from those who raced for a full recap, and hopefully some videos soon.

Have a safe trip home fellas.

Archived