Winnipeg Sports Car Club
wolfgirl

Update: Jordan

For those of you who have seen or heard about the incident at the track this past weekend...
There was a roll over involving studded car #13 which resulted in a very fast response from both volunteers and medical personnel

The driver, Jordan S., was sent to hospital with neck pain from the impact, and after have tests done it was determined that he fractured his C-6 vertebrae 
He is going for surgery to fuse the 2 above and 2 below, and is told he will have a very quick recovery

He should be in for surgery this afternoon, and asks for no visitors during his stay in hospital as he isn't sure how he will feel in recovery
But he does appreciate the well wishes!
Jordan also apologized for not being able to reply to messages, but he can't hold his phone without being yelled at by the machines
If operations go according to schedule, he should go home on Wednesday 

Thank you to everyone involved in helping out with the incident and keeping the event moving smoothly afterwards
If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to answer them

Also feel free to post any well wishes here, instead of lighting up his phone 

5:30 - Surgery cancelled today, rescheduled for tomorrow

Feb 7 8:30 - Officially scheduled for 7am on Thursday for the operation

Feb 8 1:45 - Spirits are high, MRI has been completed, and now there is just the wait for tomorrow morning.

Feb 10  4:00 am - Surgery complete, in recovery for now.   Saw a video of Jordan turning his head to look at his family in the waiting room. Awesome! 

• Like 2

Been thinking about you. Speedy Recovery Jordan. Guess I will sit you on sideline with Marlene J in Portage. 

Get well Jordanne, all the best buddy!

When I rolled, everyone bought me a beer... I owe ya a beer.

Talk soon,

Steve

Hang in there Jordan. Glad to hear that a quick recovery is expected! Get well soon - you are needed on the grid for road race #1 in May.

- Don

Thanks for the update @wolfgirl. Jordan, we all with you the best for the upcoming surgery, and are here to help with the fallout afterwards. Your Ice Racing community is behind you! Speedy recovery

all the best Jordan. So glad to hear youre going to be ok.  Wishing you a quick recovery. 

Edited by RyanB

Thanks for the update.

All the best for a speedy recovery Jordan! We're thinking about you.

Edited by andy.wpg
Can't spell (apparently)

Team CLD wishes you speedy recovery!  Get well soon and get that rocket fixed up. 

Sorry to hear of the injury Jordan. My best wishes for a quick recovery.

Hope all goes well, and you can get back to doing all the things you love. Get well soon!

Tim and Gloria 

Thinking of you frequently this week Jordan.  That's a long time for you to be inactive.  Patience.  Looking forward to seeing you back on your feet.

Thanks for starting this Cara.

Scott

Yikes! That sounds pretty scary. Glad to hear about the quick response and that you're in good hands now. Best wishes on a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Hey buddy. We hope all goes well at the hospital. Speedy recovery.