• Announcements

• Jim Eh.

2017 Annual Banquet   10/12/2017

Saturday Octobre 28th Clarion Hotel 1445 Portage ave.  https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Clarion+Hotel+%26+Suites/@49.8818764,-97.1980597,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x52ea7381e7cf9c6d:0x95f65dafca26e11e!8m2!3d49.881873!4d-97.195871?hl=en   Be there or be square!
Sign in to follow this  
Jim Eh.

Gallery now active

Post your pictures and videos to the gallery in the appropriate sections. With all the pictures and videos in one spot we can showcase our club and passion once complete. Anyone with older pictures in print form please send me a PM. It would be fantastic to see all the pictures from the early days.

Thanks Jim, the gallery is awesome and works well. Thank you for setting it up. Ken.

Great historical pieces Ken. Hope others have more. Strange, I seem to notice some similarities from 60 years ago to now.

Neat idea. I think archiving this stuff is good for the club.

One little nit pick, if I may. Can the gallery be excluded from the "unread content" filter? Or is there a way that each member can choose to customize their own unread content to include/exclude it?

The reason I'm asking is that I usually click "unread content" and find maybe 2-5 posts that I can quickly catch up on, but now I have 100 posts, most of which are photos that aren't really "new" content. I imagine this same thing affects many users, which is why I'm posting here instead of just emailing you for a solution for just me.

Gotta disagree with you here Beau. I think it's quite the treat to have these absolutly fantastic photos of the clubs glorious ( as I'm finding out) history pop up. The people, the cars. The cars!!! I had no idea such amazing cars raced in Manitoba. They are easy to scroll past if your in a hurry to get to verbage. Or just visit more often ;)

It would be fun to be able to comment on these but not sure if we can or want to go there. 

Keep'm coming. 

You are most likely aware but some may not be ... after you read the posts you are interested in, simply tap "mark posts read" on the desktop version (top right) or on your mobile the drop down menu with the three horizontal bars contains the " mark site read" selection button. I don't think there is a way to isolate the gallery from the new posts list.

If you have "100 posts" to catch up on, then you are not visiting the site very often and can simply scroll down to the sections that you want or are interested in without selecting "unread content",  they are highlighted bold if they contain unread material, then afterwards just click site read. That way you don't even have to look at the "new" old material.

Besides after the initial batch of photos are uploaded it should taper off.

Personally, like Chris, I am amazed at all the rich history of this club. BTW Chris, comments are turned off on these other than the original poster simply to keep the sheer number of posts from getting out of hand.

Is #94 an ORIGINAL GT40???? Gotta be a glass clone?  

Where are all these cars now?

• Like 1

The GT40 is an original, Comstock Racing Team, Eppie Weitz driver ... and it is still around, recently restored and at the Toronto Auto Show in 2010, now #12.

2010+autoshow+comstock+gt.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 6:07 PM, Jim Eh. said:

You are most likely aware but some may not be ... after you read the posts you are interested in, simply tap "mark posts read" on the desktop version (top right) or on your mobile the drop down menu with the three horizontal bars contains the " mark site read" selection button. I don't think there is a way to isolate the gallery from the new posts list.

If you have "100 posts" to catch up on, then you are not visiting the site very often and can simply scroll down to the sections that you want or are interested in without selecting "unread content", if they are highlighted bold if they contain unread material, then afterwards just click site read. That way you don't even have to look at the "new" old material.

Besides after the initial batch of photos are uploaded it should taper off.

Fair points. I will play around and see how to make use of those features. Thanks for the reply!

A new category has been added to honor all the wonderful volunteers that help us all enjoy our sport. 

• Like 1

Hello WSCC,

Ari Hanson, thanks for getting in touch with Greg Wold, he forwarded this site to me. In the 10+ year old pic section; the ice race on the first page was the 1972 March Red River IIRA Ice Race. The Minnesota drivers were #22 Peter Kitchak, #36 Bill Peters (me), #44 Jerry Hansen.  I suppose you already figured out the Bobby Brown Z and Roy Matthews' #85 Mini with the v cool cross flow head. The #51 could be Joe Brush, not sure. Is there any chance I could buy a copy of the #36 Mini? I have never seen it before. Thanks for ALL the pictures and the access to the site.

Bill

Also a note of thanks to Ari for posting the Zimmerman photos. The undated batch of Formula Atlantics would be 1977 when Labatt sponsored the event, prior years were Players. There are also a couple photos of my MGB posted that are greatly appreciated. I am working on additional identification for some that I posted and could likely identify some that you posted.