Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Eh.

Granite Countertops

8 posts in this topic

Anyone have a good experience with some company on this lately?

Yes, Coldspring Granite in Lac du Bonnet. They installed my counters and then had to pull them out again due to a mistake make by the cabinet installer. Did a perfect job both times. You can choose your slab onsite too.

Thank you very much.They have a selection of samples at their office?

They have the full slabs on display in their storage yard. You have to call ahead and make an appointment. Most granite suppliers have the full slabs on display. I have looked at number of places locally and can't say anything bad about any of them but I ordered from a place in North Dakota thru my cabinet supplier. 

I shopped around local. I heard nothing but good things about the Lac Du Bonnet guys but it was too far to trek for a vanity.

I got a vanity done at Renaissance Granite.

http://www.renaissancegranite.ca/

They did a good job and its Waterjet cut vs hand cut at some facilities. They had a bunch or remnant pieces and I got a nice piece of quartz with a undermount bowl for the bathroom 6 months back.

She said they do work for some bigger showrooms in the city, and you save the mark up going straight to them.

Price wise these guys were by far the cheapest, a small operation and nice guys, but they didn't have a reminant of the stone I/we wanted.

http://www.winnipegcreativegraniteworks.ca/

For small jobs I have used the shop on Logan across from Cantor's a couple of times. They have a huge assortment of remnants and offer very good prices.

Did you know there is a variety of granite called Lac du Bonnet?

We are doing a complete kitchen reno sans cupboards. Creative granite are a fair bit cheaper and they can handle the backsplash and work with Elite carpets on St. Annes for the flooring so all my bases seem to be covered. Just have to wait for larger samples to confirm choices (hardest part next to paying for it :blink:). The USA products, at the moment, seem to be a bit higher. Thanks for the tips guys.