Sign in to follow this  
Jaarreedd

Introduction - New Rally Director

Jaarreedd    11

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Jared, and I'm the new Rally Director for the WSCC. I'm excited to be taking on this role, and am looking forward to bringing a rally scene back to Manitoba! We've had a long history of Rally Racing in Manitoba, however the last number of years has seen a hiatus in activity. 

As your new rally director, I will be organizing events to begin in the new year that will include both Rallycross and TSD (Time Speed Distance). The hope is that we will build a community interested in having regular rally events, and gather momentum as we build towards an eventual goal of participating in full stage rally events. One step at a time!

If you are interested in any type of rally event, whether it be participating as a driver, or helping out as a volunteer (ideally doing both), feel free to contact me and I'll start assembling names and interest.

- Jared -

Rally Director, WSCC

• Like 4

white_cross    53

Very cool! I would love to try it. Watching rally videos all ways gets me excited for the sport. I don't have a car for it either unless i can use my street car. I look forward to hearing more.

Jaarreedd    11

Excellent guys, glad to see there's interest in this type of racing. I will be working on lots of details coming up, and try to fill everyone in on what's in store.

To clarify, for rallycross it is permissible to use a street car; a dedicated race car is not required!

• Like 1

Magner    69

Also very interested in a rallycross event similar to the SCCA model. 

If codrives are permissible, I'll have some to offer Corey. 

• Like 1

white_cross    53

Where are possible locations for a rally cross events. I am glad to hear a street car is allowed to be used. If I like it enough I probably will get a really old GT4 or really old wrx from mpi auction or something so if i wreck it i am at no big loss. 

Jaarreedd    11

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay, the holidays and travelling for work meant I was away from this for a bit. 

It's great to see more interest in these events! 

@Magner: Yes, the plan is to model it like the SCCA events. I have lots of learning and reading to do, but we'll get there.

@white_cross: My current plan is to run basic Ice Cross events in tandem with the ice racing guys. Winter is difficult for locations, so while I work on finding a suitable spot, the ice racing course is perfect for now. When the snow clears, there are a number of potential venues, including a space at the Gimli Motorsports park, and some others I'm working on.

As for your idea to use a GT4 or WRX, this is solid plan. Feel free to contact me if you want any advice on stuff you'll need, or are looking for a car. I actually have a '97 STI that would be perfect for your needs, if you're willing to do some minor work to get it roadworthy again.

• Like 1