Speedworld 2016/2017 Season

15 hours ago, codewhore said:

Hey Ryan, I was referring to the minimum age specifically for autoslalom as we can't have passengers younger than 14 year old I would suspect IF we were allowed to run karts that they would still have to enforce that minimum age of 14.

Ah. gotcha.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You brought up karts in autocross so here goes: Years ago we allowed karts in autocross and I ran one at RRX and it was awesome. Then somebody had the idea to actually ask the ASN/FIA about it and they said "No way!". I was on the WSCC Exec and started a Canada wide movement to permit karts and got all regions except Quebec to sign off on it, even going as far as writing up the rules based on SCCA karting regs. Sadly, Paul Cooke, head of ASN/FIA is not voted in by members but is appointed by the FIA, so despite all the support, he said "Pound Sand". I am also on Exec of the Manitoba Karting Association and we permit kids as young as 7 to rip around in the karts and we have one of the tiny J1 karts at Speedworld if you would like to see if your kid fits. We can't run it at Speedworld, however, our insurance does not permit it. 

1 hour ago, conebasher said:

You brought up karts in autocross so here goes: Years ago we allowed karts in autocross and I ran one at RRX and it was awesome. Then somebody had the idea to actually ask the ASN/FIA about it and they said "No way!". I was on the WSCC Exec and started a Canada wide movement to permit karts and got all regions except Quebec to sign off on it, even going as far as writing up the rules based on SCCA karting regs. Sadly, Paul Cooke, head of ASN/FIA is not voted in by members but is appointed by the FIA, so despite all the support, he said "Pound Sand". I am also on Exec of the Manitoba Karting Association and we permit kids as young as 7 to rip around in the karts and we have one of the tiny J1 karts at Speedworld if you would like to see if your kid fits. We can't run it at Speedworld, however, our insurance does not permit it. 

Maybe I should reach out to Paul and see if he has a change of heart or at least an explanation of his reasoning.

If I could I would get a kart for Paityn to run because she loved racing the Sprint carts at Speedworld a couple weeks ago.

5 hours ago, codewhore said:

Maybe I should reach out to Paul and see if he has a change of heart or at least an explanation of his reasoning.

If I could I would get a kart for Paityn to run because she loved racing the Sprint carts at Speedworld a couple weeks ago.

You could always join the MKA and get her a kart that's tailor made for her. The MKA races didn't conflict with the WSCC autocross this year and I did both. She can race karts in autocross in the states. I know where there's a very nice kart with rain tires for $2500

Another fun night of racing! Thanks to all involved! 

We usually do random qualifying order, then the 1st race (for position) starts with qualifying order, then the 2nd race inverts the finishing order of the 1st race. The Speedworld team nailed it last night. 

I need to get some kind of grippy gloves - those new aluminum wheels are really slippery! 

Hey guys I was just wondering if the group would consider POSSIBLY moving the time of the Dec 1 race to 8:30 or 9:00? I am going to be in Mississauga for a few days that week and flying home on the 1st. Normally my plane lands just before 8. I will try to get an earlier flight but usually there is work I need to get done. Thoughts?

Edit...trying to get on a flight that will get me back by 6:30 but waiting for approval. So maybe a 7:30 start.

Edit 2 Booked my flight for Thursday and the flight lands at 6:25 assuming it is on-time of course. Could we bump the race to 7:30 or would that mess someone else up?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JonnyAE86 said:

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it this week...though it pains me greatly. I got killer tickets to the Jets vs Oilers game, I can't miss an opportunity to wear that beautiful blue and orange white jersey :)

Have fun!

Fixed that for ya!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived