What is needed to prep a car for ice racing?

Just wondering if find a car for ice racing what is needed to prep it for racing? What are the classes any thing else I need to look at? I am getting together tonight with a friend who parked his Geo Metro due to some rust issues but a fresh rebuilt motor. I am going to ask him what he is doing with it. What are good car options to use for ice racing?

Thanks.

I would get ahold of Mike D. (MikeZCar I think) and pick his brain about his Metro/Swift. He's been very successful with it.

other than that, I believe FWD and under 140hp is what the basic limits are.

i have a Toyota tercel, some drive civics.

Get what YOU want and go to town!

I'm sure Jordan will chime in here.

For rubber racing you need a decent set for sure!

Michelin X-ice or Blizzaks are popular.

studs have a spec tire and the order is already gone.

strip the interior. Keep all the glass until you roll it. Then replace it with lexan.

roll cages are to WCMA technical race regulations, appendix A

there should be a sticky in this forum with last years rules. I don't think much has changed.

7 hours ago, nopistons said:

For rubber racing you need a decent set for sure!

Michelin X-ice or Blizzaks are popular.

studs have a spec tire and the order is already gone.

strip the interior. Keep all the glass until you roll it. Then replace it with lexan.

roll cages are to WCMA technical race regulations, appendix A

there should be a sticky in this forum with last years rules. I don't think much has changed.

sounds good thank you

On 9/30/2016 at 7:22 PM, white_cross said:

Just wondering if find a car for ice racing what is needed to prep it for racing? What are the classes any thing else I need to look at? I am getting together tonight with a friend who parked his Geo Metro due to some rust issues but a fresh rebuilt motor. I am going to ask him what he is doing with it. What are good car options to use for ice racing?

I know this post is dated although 90% of the info list here is still relevant: 

Start with that then build your question list and let us know. Al Marcoux is a great resource for guys wanting to get in to Ice Racing and you can PM here on this forum and he'll get back to you or text him at 29I-7OO6 

Archived