• Announcements

• Jim Eh.

2017 Annual Banquet   10/12/2017

Saturday Octobre 28th Clarion Hotel 1445 Portage ave.  https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Clarion+Hotel+%26+Suites/@49.8818764,-97.1980597,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x52ea7381e7cf9c6d:0x95f65dafca26e11e!8m2!3d49.881873!4d-97.195871?hl=en   Be there or be square!
    • Jim Eh.

New Directors for Time Attack   10/23/2017

A big welcome to Ian Stecyk and Brooke Tuscherer to the position of Co-Directors for Time Attack for the 2018 season (to be made official at the up coming AGM). Thanks to Darin and Sara for helping out as interim directors.
MRS Joe

Link: Potential Race car

Stupid 1995 rule mpi put in place. That's a great car buys its older then 1995 they deem it a junker and try to remove old cars off our roads. 

Sort of like what "shaken" in Japan leads to. 

Kinda makes you wonder what else is wrong with it for the owner to let it go? The 1995 rule applies to "common" transportation. Not sure what the criteria is but I would think they should designate that car as "classic" therefore bypassing the "junker" rule.

In order for it to be deemed classic, the owner has to prove that it is upon write-off. Otherwise, it's just a car.

From what I gather, the 1995 rule was instigated by an auto park owner who sits/sat on the board for MPI.

Likely on a case by case basis and I can see it in this case.

The only people who are going to fight for an "old BMW" are car enthusiasts who like E30's. It's sad that a mostly pristine example has to be destroyed or used in a manner other than commuting. It is for any vehicle that fits this criteria.

A friend of mine is the only instance that I personally know of that had to fight to keep his classic hotrod after being  broadsided and they let him but he had the paperwork ready for a fight. I have heard of others though that have had to do this but don't know the details of the circumstances.

I have noted a random few late 60's muscle cars go through the auctions in recent years with hail damage and irreparable status, yet go for big $$$$ at auction. They wouldn't change the title status even though they had numerous requests asking them to reconsider.

My AE86 is in the same boat. Autopac would likely only give me my deductible back should something happen to it.

The Collector Vehicle Program offers special insurance coverage to customers who own collector vehicles. To be eligible, your vehicle must meet certain criteria (see Declaration) and you must qualify your vehicle.

Declaration

By submitting this application I declare that my vehicle meets each of the following requirements of the Collector Vehicle Program:

• is at least 25 years old

• is a passenger vehicle or light truck

• has a value of at least $5,000, and

• is used for ‘Pleasure’ only under Basic Autopac(i.e. not used for regular commuting)

I understand and accept that qualifying my vehicle for the Collector Vehicle Program in no way implies an Actual Cash Value (ACV) for my vehicle.

if you do not do this your "classic" is just a car

Thank god I have a secondary policy in my car with an insurance company.  Cheap rates for guaranteed value. MPI is what happens when you mix the greed of insurance with the guaranteed market of crown corporations. Bunch of clowns, but not he fun kind, the tear stained mattress kind.

4 hours ago, honda78 said:

The Collector Vehicle Program offers special insurance coverage to customers who own collector vehicles. To be eligible, your vehicle must meet certain criteria (see Declaration) and you must qualify your vehicle.

Declaration

By submitting this application I declare that my vehicle meets each of the following requirements of the Collector Vehicle Program:

• is at least 25 years old

• is a passenger vehicle or light truck

• has a value of at least $5,000, and

• is used for ‘Pleasure’ only under Basic Autopac(i.e. not used for regular commuting)

I understand and accept that qualifying my vehicle for the Collector Vehicle Program in no way implies an Actual Cash Value (ACV) for my vehicle.

if you do not do this your "classic" is just a car

There is nothing in the classic car policy information to infer that MPI won't try and take it off the road at first convenience.   Furthermore, a 1995 car is not eligible. So there is nothing protecting this asset for MPI's other policies. Not that we should need to protect ourselves from MPI. If they don't to insure my car they should step aside and allow me to work with someone who does as a primary payer. 

This sort of changes the purpose for MPIC form insurer to adjudicator which I adamantly refuse to accept. They (MPIC) have zero right (as an insurer) to state regulatory policy which they are as the sole insurer for motor vehicles with this policy. They, in my mind, should be free to limit coverage to whatever they choose. They are after all an insurance company. This I can accept and totally agree with. But if they refuse then like it was said "step aside sonny"!

(Done with the rant) now move along, nothing else here .... move along <_<

My father in law(1956 Fairlane), dad (1970 Nova) and I (2004 Mach 1) all had our cars appraised professionally. Basically the guy doing it is recognized by MPI and he looks over your car and gives it a value. MPI has to honor the value given to the car. This appraisal has to be done every 2 years to keep it recognized by MPI. (If my car ever was to get written off it actually would give me more money than selling because the appraiser accounts for the modifications/upgrades put into the car, where just selling it privately people don't pay extra for that stuff.

1 hour ago, Magner said:

FYI  Hagerty now offers a product in MB for speciality cars and classics. 

They have for years.  It is good and cheapish. Agreed upon  value is the only way to insure a car.  No need to haggle with mpi, waiting until the time of claim is a shitty way to insure.  

22 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

Damn.. under a grand? 

8 hours ago, Need my Focusin said:

That's messed up.

Because racecar....

3 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

Wtf's wrong with that Fiat?

Look at the right rear corner at the taillight closely.  It's a joke.  That is a classic and a collectors seasonal car.  That wouldn't be parts only anywhere else but here under mpi's bs jurisdiction. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.