2016 Fall Drive

I've been looking at doing something for a fall drive but so far due to serval factors including a late season for both race and auto slalom, it looks like the next best date for me would be Oct 15. Not sure if anyone wants to go that late or if there will be any leaves left. 

If someone else has the time to organize something else earlier, by all means go for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in.

Can't make the last track day tomorrow so I figure this is the perfect way to finish off the season. One last rip before the insurance expires and she officially becomes a race car. 

The usual whiteshell route? 

Yes we are still on for Saturday. A few other cars are coming on top of the list here. We will meet at the usual location at Canad Inns at Regent and Plessis. We'll meet at noon and leave around 12:30. Heading West on Dugald and towards the whiteshell. There will be a few washroom stops and refreshments/gas. Should be back in the city by 5:00 latest. See you there rain or shine.

Ya it was an awesome drive. Thanks to all who came. The traffic was non existent. The road to Ingolf was freshly resurfaced and the highlight of the day.  I think we passed 3 or 4 cars on the drive back on 44. And the tamarack pine trees were in full fall colors.

On October 17, 2016 at 10:49 AM, MRS Joe said:

I'll have to hit up the spring drive. The car was roadworthy but had a  questionable control arm bushing and rusty rotor that deterred me from joining. 

Glad to hear you guys had fun  Ingolf is my favourite stretch too. 

Which car is road worthy your latest Corolla build?

Here are a couple of pictures not the best but here they are:

IMG_6717_zpsf3lvxzkn.jpg

IMG_6718_zpsi4dl0eij.jpg

IMG_6719_zpshmw8xcbq.jpg

Archived