Winnipeg Sports Car Club

We have not been but it could be done if there is a desire.

If people class their cars (The website for the classing is here: http://ccdb.casc.on.ca/) we could apply the appropriate pax factors like was done last year (http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/10094-2015-time-attack-results/). 

In the season opener thread I mentioned this but no one jumped and let me know their class ( forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/10454-2016-season/ ).  

Thanks Taylor.
I was not too involved in the process at that time as it's my first year (as in, I had no idea what you were talking about and/or did not see that thread before). Thanks for sharing.

I gathered some info on my car, and here's what I have:

"PI": 57.4
"Level": 8
"Class": T1

Is that what we need? Is it possible to apply these to a PAX, and do that retroactively?

We should be able to apply retroactively. 

That said I'm only going to do it if we get other drivers to class their cars.  PAX times server to normalize out the car differences so we can compare driver to driver.

The documents you showed me state that, last year, cars were classed and, when not, they were marked and possibly did not have a PAX.
What you're saying is this year everyone will have a PAX 1 unless everyone determines their class?

Your sentence goes "PAX times server to normalize out the car differences so we can compare driver to driver", so in absence of data for some cars, everyone gets the same PAX, hence, no normalization of differences?

Just trying to get this straight. Thanks.

I'm saying that pax is useful to compare drivers by removing cars from the equation. But the use become non-existent when there is only one driver doing it. 

3 hours ago, NOITALL said:

The documents you showed me state that, last year, cars were classed and, when not, they were marked and possibly did not have a PAX.
What you're saying is this year everyone will have a PAX 1 unless everyone determines their class?

Your sentence goes "PAX times server to normalize out the car differences so we can compare driver to driver", so in absence of data for some cars, everyone gets the same PAX, hence, no normalization of differences?

Just trying to get this straight. Thanks.

Can we get yesteryear's (lol) data from the other cars (I know the matrix and the civic type r were classed last year)?

I'm asking Misha to also help class his 300ZX and the Carrera 4 911

I confirmed with Misha about his Nissan, and checked the Porsche Carrera:

Misha Mlinar - Nissan 300ZX - GT3

Mike Mlinar - Porsche Carrera 4 - GT1

Does that information suffice, or do we need the PI, etc?

Thanks