Sign in to follow this  
Don P

New Mylaps X2 transponder

I just ordered a new AMB X2 (replaces the red AMB X260 almost everyone has) transponder from Pegasus in Wisconsin. p/n# 5001-501

$159.81USD + exchange rate + duty + GST + postage (for the rechargeable model)

Has a 1 year subscription to mylaps included. (renewing the subscription also renews your warranty as long as you don't let subscription expire)

Looks like I'll be the guinea pig for the new hardware everyone is/was complaining about. lol

Talk to me at Vintage weekend if you want to know about upgrading yours, or just want to look it over.

• Like 1

Very interested in seeing if it works on our current system.

let me know if we can arrange a test with it.

Scott M sent me an email stating it should work as long as I activate it before I arrive. It should work fine as it is a direct replacement for the old red ones.

Got my postal delivery ticket in the mailbox for the parcel yesterday. Will pick up at postal outlet tonight. Should have it activated tonight too. Once you activate it online, it registers the ID number in their system, and your subscription/warranty begins.

I'll hunt down the timing guys for a test as soon as they setup the gear on Vintage weekend. :) 

Picked it up, and it's now registered and activated. Almost plug and play. But I noticed the latest version of mylaps software I downloaded to my computer is x86 based.

So this isn't exactly a state of the art new program running all this timing data... :0

Final price was $258.42 Canadian pesos including priority post shipping. No extra charges at pickup either. No duty or gst. :)

Well it's over a year later and I had a brief scare a few days ago. lol All the lights on my transponder started flashing red. I unplugged and checked cable and plugged it in and it kept doing the same thing. Then I'm thinking wtf? So I surfed to their website and found the user manual to decode the lights, and it turns out it does that when it needs a major update. So I had to download the new file into the transponder thru it's USB cable from my PC. Then power down and back up again and we are back in business.

Carburetors man, that's what life is all about.

We have tested the latest transponders last year without issue.

We are also running the latest X2 decoder boxes at T&S without issue.

Please see us in the trailer with your new transponder #.