August 6 2016 Time Attack Event

nopistons

Posting on behalf of Taylor:

The August Time Attack Event is open and active for registration.
The Race Registrar is requesting that all attendees please pre-register online on DLBRacing and print out and fill in your registration form for Saturday.

Space is limited to the first 17 cars! 

There is the potential to have as many as 70+ total cars registered for the event! If you choose to attend one Time Attack event this year, this is the weekend. It's going to be busy and action packed!

Out-of-town participants: You do not need to be a WSCC member to register but you do require a valid Time Attack License (or approved equal or better).

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like t add that it would be beneficial to all if you could come to the event with your forms already printed and filled out. You can get a copy of the registration form from the first post in this thread:  http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9587-time-attack-registration-forms/

here is the tech form:  http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ASN_SoloSport_Tech_Self_Insp_Form.pdf

if you have paid on MSR, and payment hasn't been processed, give Chris S. from WCMA an email.

As long as your payment has been received on MSR or WCMA, you're in. you don't need a card as long as WCMA gives you a license number.

The weekend is fast approaching.  There are 65 people participating between the Time Attack and the Road Race.  It is going to be a busy day on Saturday as there are more activities than usual.  Please help the volunteers who run the track by filling out your paper work ahead of time and being ready to run when our turns are up.

Saturday's Schedule:

7:15 Registration/Tech Closed at 7:35 (open all day Friday)

7:40 Worker’s Meeting

7:55 Driver’s Meeting

8:00 Ambulance Starts

8:10 Time Attack Practice/Qualifying (15 minutes)

8:30 Closed Wheel Practice (15 minutes)

8:50 Vintage Practice (15 minutes)

9:10 Open Wheel Practice (15 minutes)

9:30 Time Attack Event #1 (1 warm-up, 8 timed laps, 1 cool-down)

9:50 Closed Wheel Qualifying (15 minutes)

10:10 Vintage Qualifying (15 minutes)

10:30 Open Wheel Qualifying (15 minutes)

10:50 Time Attack Event #2 (1 warm-up, 8 timed laps, 1 cool-down)

11:10 Closed Wheel Race #1 (15 minutes + 1 lap)

11:30 Vintage Race #1 (15 minutes + 1 lap)

11:50 Open Wheel Race #1 (15 minutes + 1 lap)

12:10 Lunch Break - Vintage and Exotic Car Parade Laps

1:15 Time Attack Event #3 (1 warm-up, 8 timed laps, 1 cool-down)

1:35 Closed Wheel Race #2 (15 minutes + 1 lap)

1:55 Vintage Race #2 (15 minutes + 1 lap)

2:15 Open Wheel Race #2 (15 minutes + 1 lap)

2:35 Time Attack Event #4 (1 warm-up, 8 timed laps, 1 cool-down)

3:00 People’s Choice Award – Vintage/Exotic Cars

3:15 Closed Wheel (WCMA) Race #3 (20 minutes + 1 lap)

3:45 Vintage (WCMA) Race #3 (20 minutes + 1 lap)

4:15 Open Wheel (WCMA) Race #3 (20 minutes + 1 lap)

4:30 People’s Choice Award – Race Cars Ambulance Leaves

4:45 Worker Lapping and Courtesy Laps

6:00 Track closed

7:00 Pig Roast (At the Farmers’ Hall) Live Band!

Presentation of Gord Leach Memorial Trophy

See you on Saturday

I didn't see that registration was closed Wednesday night. Just tried registering right now and I can't. There are only 9 cars registered and I'm down to go, but don't know what to do now. I'm doing open lapping today so maybe I can talk to someone there? 

On 7/24/2016 at 3:27 PM, Mustang-sandy said:

Please note, online registration is mandatory for this event, no walk-up's will be accepted. 

50 minutes ago, Dnfwm said:

I didn't see that registration was closed Wednesday night. Just tried registering right now and I can't. There are only 9 cars registered and I'm down to go, but don't know what to do now. I'm doing open lapping today so maybe I can talk to someone there? 

I'm not sure that you have options here.  Given the volume of people attending the registration workers wanted everybody to register in advance.  While you're at the track today see if you can sweet talk them.  Otherwise you may need to sit this one out.

Sorry,

Taylor

I saw the note that online registration was mandatory, that's why I was trying to do it this morning. I didn't see the note that cutoff was Wednesday night. I am down to run tomorrow and give the club my 100 dollars. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. 

Archived