Corner Scales...again

Sorry I am too busy this spring, not available.

Since the WSCC Road Race discipline is changing from SCCA to NASA rules this year will scales still be required for each race weekend?

Are the club scales available to ALL members again?

Chris:

You are correct that RR needs scales every race weekend but isn't a requirement due to the rule change. It has always been there but like many items, was never enforced. Now reports must be issued to WCMA from each race weekend.

Both sets of club scales are off limits until further notice.
Previously, when they got lent out to members, they either got "misplaced", lent out of friends of friends (non-members) and/or returned damaged. As such are currently in the process of making new cords for the one set (again).

• 1 month later...

I should be at Gimli on July 8th (Friday) for the open track time (like last yr, right?).  Will the scales be set-up then?  I suppose if I could just get corner weights, then later at home I could do some math and guestimate how to adj my coil-overs to make it close (or at least close then what it is now).

The scales will be at Gimli for Friday morning, and there all weekend. Should be time to adjust as much as you like on Friday.

If you want to do corner weights in addition to total weight, you may want to bring a few extra tiles or boards to level the pads. I suspect GMP may not be perfectly flat. I used a water level and ceramic tiles last year to setup the race car, and can bring what I used.

On 2016-06-28 at 1:58 PM, SVOXR4STi said:

The scales will be at Gimli for Friday morning, and there all weekend. Should be time to adjust as much as you like on Friday.

If you want to do corner weights in addition to total weight, you may want to bring a few extra tiles or boards to level the pads. I suspect GMP may not be perfectly flat. I used a water level and ceramic tiles last year to setup the race car, and can bring what I used.

If you could bring your water level and extra tiles that would be great!  I greatly appreciate the oppurtunity to use the scales to get my car set-up.

Thanks!

I'll bring what I used as a level.  It's a bucket of water, clear tubing and a measuring stick.

I have a few squares of plywood and ceramic tiles to level the pads.  Thickness, 1/8, 1/2, 3/4".  You might want to pickup some cheap vinyl floor tiles if want something thinner to get the pads perfect. I don't know how level the surface at Gimli will be. 

Lapping is only the half day this Friday.  Info is here...

http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/10440-summer-2016-hotlap-days/&do=findComment&comment=121504

http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/10544-race-weekend-2-july-8-1016-schedule/&do=findComment&comment=121505

Archived