2016 Season

Hello all,

we are getting close to the start of the 2016 season so I thought I'd post a bit of info.

There will be timeattack on the Saturdays of the race weekends.

Cost for the Timeattack sessions will be $100.00

You will need a license to participate.  The licenses can be obtained through the HPDE or if you have previously had a license they can be renewed here:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/wcma-2016-time-attack-license-licenses-western-canada-motorsport-assoc-611447#.VxZ4FdTEiK2

Eventa will be posted up on DLB as we get closed to them  and I'll make a thread per event.

I'm looking forward to getring to see you out at the track  

Taylor

Timeattack director

• 1 month later...

Hello again all,

We are getting closer to the first event and as soon as it's up on DLB I'll make a thread for it with a link but please post a reply introducing yourself if you are going to be coming out and tearing up Gimli with us.

In the mean time if you are looking to participate in the trophy race this year please make sure that you have classified your car according to the Time Attack rules.  ASN Canada points interested parties to this Canadian Automobile Sports Club Ontario region site:  http://www.casc.on.ca/time-attack/car-classification

The schedule for race day is as follows:

Registration/Tech/Breakfast

9:00               Worker’s Meeting

9:15               Driver’s Meeting

9:35               Time Attack Practice (15 minutes)               Ambulance Starts 9:30

9:55               Open Wheel Practice (15 minutes)               

10:15               Closed Wheel Practice (15 minutes)

10:35               Time Attack Event 1 (1 warm up lap + 4 timed + 1 cool down)

11:00               Open Wheel Qualifying (15 minutes)

11:20               Closed Wheel Qualifying (15 minutes)

11:40               Time Attack Event 2

12:05               Lunch Break

1:05               Open Wheel Race - 15 minutes + 1 lap

1:30               Closed Wheel Race - 15 minutes + 1 lap

1:55               Time Attack Event 3

2:20               Open Wheel Race - 15 minutes + 1 lap

2:45               Closed Wheel Race - 15 minutes + 1 lap

3:10               Time Attack Event 4

3:35               Open Wheel Regional WCMA Race - 20 minutes + 1 lap

4:10               Closed Wheel Regional WCMA Race - 20 minutes + 1 lap

4:45               Worker Lapping and Courtesy Laps                          Discharge Ambulance

6:00               Track Closed

I think that's all for now. 

Hi Taylor, my name is Gary Cummins and I took the HPDE this year and will be participating in time attack this year. What do I need to do to get my solo licence? My brother Dave will probably be interested in time attack as well. 

Hi Taylor, I just signed up for time attack on the motorsportsreg website and paid the fee.  My father Clifford would also like to participate in the time attack event with the same car, is that a problem?  He passed race school and paid Scott for a WSCC membership but hasn't received a card yet in the mail so I can't complete his registration.  I suppose I should email Scott regarding this.  Is there anything else we need to do before June 10th Time Attack event?

Cheers,

Curtis & Clifford Goodman

2 hours ago, curtisgoodman said:

Hi Taylor, I just signed up for time attack on the motorsportsreg website and paid the fee.  My father Clifford would also like to participate in the time attack event with the same car, is that a problem?  He passed race school and paid Scott for a WSCC membership but hasn't received a card yet in the mail so I can't complete his registration.  I suppose I should email Scott regarding this.  Is there anything else we need to do before June 10th Time Attack event?

Hello Curtis,  It is not a problem to share a car but..it means that each of you will get half the time on track that non-sharers get.  As for not having gotten the WSCC card, perhaps our membership director can  send you the membership number, as I believe that is what you need.

There is nothing needed to be done before June 10th yet.  As soon as the Time Attack is up on DLB you will be able to preregister.  I'll create a thread for that particular event when it is ready.

Archived