Autoslalom Registration Guide

Hello Everyone,

This thread will serve as the event registration guide. I will update this page with any changes to the registration process. Below is is what you need to know/do in order to prepare for the 2016 season as far as registration goes:

1. Renew or secure a WSCC membership for 2018 by following the below link

2. Reserve a permanent number for the 2016 season

If you would like to reserve a permanent number for the 2016 season, head over to the 2018 Permanent Number thread and select or renew your number. 

4. All done! You are now ready to register for WSCC Autoslalom events! You can visit the website wscc.motorsportreg.com to view the calendar and sign up for future events. Events will be posted shortly, in the meantime please refer to the Autoslalom Page page for the 2018 schedule. School dates coming soon.

While not necessary, it's highly advisable to do the above process ahead of the season. It can take up to a week for your membership info to be verified. This will ensure that any possible issues that may arise can be resolved in a timely manner.

Feel free to ask questions related to registration in this thread, PM me, or contact autoslalom.reg@gmail.com 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this.

I couldn't, however, register for the event. It tells me it's possibly because my name does not match the DLB records? I am sure it does...

I sent an email through the form in the site. Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, NOITALL said:

Thanks for this.

I couldn't, however, register for the event. It tells me it's possibly because my name does not match the DLB records? I am sure it does...

I sent an email through the form in the site. Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Got your email, sending you something now

2 hours ago, El_torrero34 said:

Newbie question here please, what else do i need to secure aside from the membership to join the may 1st event? Will the vehicle inspection be done onsite?

Follow the guide above and you'll be all set. Start with creating an account and obtaining a membership via DLB, then register through MSR which is our event management system and will allow you to choose events.

As for the vehicle inspection, this is to be performed by you prior to the event using our provided tech sheet to make sure items outlined are in good working order. Your vehicle may be subject to a spot check on site so it's important you go through the sheet to ensure your vehicle is in safe working order.

1 hour ago, El_torrero34 said:

Where can i find the link for that inspection thing? Im sorry im not very familiar with the site and having hardtime finding it. Thanks again!

You will come across it during the registration process on MSR. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to register for the Test & Tune and Event #1, but the number I picked on the permanent list (#87) isn't available for me to select. I sent an e-mail about this to the event organizer last night but still have not received a reply. Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edit: Just got addressed! Thanks!

Edit 2: I take that back, still no luck.

1 hour ago, Beau said:

Just checked (10:40 pm) and you are assigned #87 in the system. Maybe try again?

I think the issue was that 2016 events were linked to the permanent number list from last year. Josh seems to have fixed it now though.

9 hours ago, Mohamed said:

I think the issue was that 2016 events were linked to the permanent number list from last year. Josh seems to have fixed it now though.

Yep, I forgot to switch to the 2016 list, all fixed now!

Not sure if this avenue will work in time, but worth a shot. I am trying to last minute pre register for official event #1 and my membership status is not recognized as current on motorsportreg.com. I used the 'contact host' link as directed but the clock is ticking and I thought I'd check if anyone who might read this could make the system realize my membership is up to date. I know Jesse Murray ran into the same problem. Although I am registering last minute, I did renew my membership back in March.

*edited for clarity

thanks in advance

2 hours ago, rocco said:

Not sure if this avenue will work in time, but worth a shot. I am trying to last minute pre register for official event #1 and my membership status is not recognized as current on motorsportreg.com. I used the 'contact host' link as directed but the clock is ticking and I thought I'd check if anyone who might read this could make the system realize my membership is up to date. I know Jesse Murray ran into the same problem. Although I am registering last minute, I did renew my membership back in March.

*edited for clarity

thanks in advance

See my email

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, justkickin said:

What time does registration close before an event? I am procrastinating this weekend due to weather...solid non-transparent rain (I won't say the 's' word) events are not my favorite. 

11:59 the night before

• Like 1

Thank you.

Registered for the event.

It wouldn't let me register without a vehicle # so I chose number 29, one of the available numbers from the 2016 Permanent Number List thread.

Hope that is not an issue.

1 hour ago, Reese said:

Thank you.

Registered for the event.

It wouldn't let me register without a vehicle # so I chose number 29, one of the available numbers from the 2016 Permanent Number List thread.

Hope that is not an issue.

Yep, that's fine. All vehicles racing are required to have a number.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Rocco,

Yes, it's a go!  This is the Nott Autocorp building, which they've graciously allowed us to use for the class.  Just come through the front door and everyone there is there for the school.  

See you then!

• 1 month later...

I've been getting a lot of questions throughout the season about how to register, including what to do if you don't want a full membership, just want to try the sport once.

If you don't want to purchase a full WSCC membership ($50), you can simply skip step 1. We still recommend step 2 as it will save you time and headache in the morning of a race day, which is when you need to focus on getting your car (and your brain) prepared to race. If it's your first time, there is a lot to learn, and you should try to go on at least 2-3 course walks.

1. Renew or buy a new WSCC membership through DLB (optional)

2. Create a profile on MSR (highly recommended, but also optional).

3. Register for the event on MSR. (click here for a full list of WSCC Autoslalom events)

• If you pre-register and pre-pay online through MSR, you will save $10 compared to manual registration on race day. This helps our administration a lot, and ensures we can hold races because we know how many people are showing up, that's why there is a discount.
  • If you show up at 10 am on a race day, we can process your registration manually. It will cost you an extra $10, cash payment only. Please show up with a completed tech form (click here to download).

4. Reserve a permanent number for the 2016 season (optional)

• If you don't have a permanent number, that's totally fine.
    • When you pre-register on MSR, you will be given a list of available numbers to choose from.
    • If you just show up on race day without pre-registering, you need to register at the trailer, and you will be assigned a number at that time.

5. Show up early and ask lots of questions

Gates open at 10:00 am, show up near then. Registration runs from 10-11. If you show up at 10:45 and it's your very first event, you won't have enough time to figure things out and register, so you probably won't be able to race.

• 2 years later...