Nhil

Autoslalom Registration Guide

29 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

This thread will serve as the event registration guide. I will update this page with any changes to the registration process. Below is is what you need to know/do in order to prepare for the 2016 season as far as registration goes:

1. Renew through DLB

If you are interested in autocrossing with the WSCC this season, it’s highly recommended to get an annual membership. You will get a $10 discount for each autocross event. The annual membership dues are $50. So you will get your money’s worth if you plan on attending 5 or more autocross events in addition to all the other benefits of an annual WSCC membership.

To renew or apply for a new membership:

• Go to DLBRacing.com and create an account or log in if you already have one.
  • Choose “My Clubs” and search through the list for Winnipeg Sports Car Club. 
  • Fill out the application and make sure your info is accurate. It will need to match your MSR profile (see step 2).
  • If you’re a new member applying for the first time, you don’t need to provide a member # as you haven’t been assigned one yet. 
  • Pay your dues via PayPal or credit card.

2. Create a profile on MSR

WSCC Autoslalom division uses MotorsportReg (MSR) as the event registration system. This system is widely used across North America by over 700 clubs, including the SCCA for Solo Nationals and Tour events.

You will need to create an account on MSR to register online for 2016 autocross events.

• Go to MotorsportReg.com and create an account.
  • Please use the same email you used on your account on DLB. This same email will be used to contact you regarding event info.
  • Please make sure your first and last name are spelled exactly as in DLB.
  • Once you’ve created your account, join the WSCC as one of the clubs you’re a member of. It should come up as a suggestion on your dashboard. Otherwise, you can find your club info under “My Account” and add it from there.
  • When joining you will be asked to provide a member # if you have one. Otherwise, you can leave it blank.

3. Reserve a permanent number for the 2016 season

If you would like to reserve a permanent number for the 2016 season, head over to the 2016 Permanent Number thread and select or renew your number. New for this year, WSCC members will be able to keep their number across all events, even if not in attendance that day!

4. All done! You are now ready to register for WSCC Autoslalom events! You can visit the website wscc.motorsportreg.com to view the calendar and sign up for future events. Events will be posted shortly, in the meantime please refer to the Autoslalom Page page for the 2016 schedule. School dates coming soon.

While not necessary, it's highly advisable to do the above process ahead of the season. It can take up to a week for your membership info to be verified. This will ensure that any possible issues that may arise can be resolved in a timely manner.

Feel free to ask questions related to registration in this thread, PM me, or contact autoslalom.reg@gmail.com 

Fantastic job! Looks very good, easy to follow, covers all the bases. Well done! :)

Thanks for this.

I couldn't, however, register for the event. It tells me it's possibly because my name does not match the DLB records? I am sure it does...

I sent an email through the form in the site. Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, NOITALL said:

Thanks for this.

I couldn't, however, register for the event. It tells me it's possibly because my name does not match the DLB records? I am sure it does...

I sent an email through the form in the site. Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Got your email, sending you something now

23 minutes ago, Nhil said:

Got your email, sending you something now

Thanks a lot. :) That worked.

Newbie question here please, what else do i need to secure aside from the membership to join the may 1st event? Will the vehicle inspection be done onsite?

2 hours ago, El_torrero34 said:

Newbie question here please, what else do i need to secure aside from the membership to join the may 1st event? Will the vehicle inspection be done onsite?

Follow the guide above and you'll be all set. Start with creating an account and obtaining a membership via DLB, then register through MSR which is our event management system and will allow you to choose events.

As for the vehicle inspection, this is to be performed by you prior to the event using our provided tech sheet to make sure items outlined are in good working order. Your vehicle may be subject to a spot check on site so it's important you go through the sheet to ensure your vehicle is in safe working order.

Where can i find the link for that inspection thing? Im sorry im not very familiar with the site and having hardtime finding it. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, El_torrero34 said:

Where can i find the link for that inspection thing? Im sorry im not very familiar with the site and having hardtime finding it. Thanks again!

You will come across it during the registration process on MSR. 

I'm trying to register for the Test & Tune and Event #1, but the number I picked on the permanent list (#87) isn't available for me to select. I sent an e-mail about this to the event organizer last night but still have not received a reply. Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edit: Just got addressed! Thanks!

Edit 2: I take that back, still no luck.

Just checked (10:40 pm) and you are assigned #87 in the system. Maybe try again?

1 hour ago, Beau said:

Just checked (10:40 pm) and you are assigned #87 in the system. Maybe try again?

I think the issue was that 2016 events were linked to the permanent number list from last year. Josh seems to have fixed it now though.

9 hours ago, Mohamed said:

I think the issue was that 2016 events were linked to the permanent number list from last year. Josh seems to have fixed it now though.

Yep, I forgot to switch to the 2016 list, all fixed now!

Not sure if this avenue will work in time, but worth a shot. I am trying to last minute pre register for official event #1 and my membership status is not recognized as current on motorsportreg.com. I used the 'contact host' link as directed but the clock is ticking and I thought I'd check if anyone who might read this could make the system realize my membership is up to date. I know Jesse Murray ran into the same problem. Although I am registering last minute, I did renew my membership back in March.

*edited for clarity

thanks in advance

2 hours ago, rocco said:

Not sure if this avenue will work in time, but worth a shot. I am trying to last minute pre register for official event #1 and my membership status is not recognized as current on motorsportreg.com. I used the 'contact host' link as directed but the clock is ticking and I thought I'd check if anyone who might read this could make the system realize my membership is up to date. I know Jesse Murray ran into the same problem. Although I am registering last minute, I did renew my membership back in March.

*edited for clarity

thanks in advance

See my email

What time does registration close before an event? I am procrastinating this weekend due to weather...solid non-transparent rain (I won't say the 's' word) events are not my favorite. 

54 minutes ago, justkickin said:

What time does registration close before an event? I am procrastinating this weekend due to weather...solid non-transparent rain (I won't say the 's' word) events are not my favorite. 

11:59 the night before

1 person likes this

Rookies :rolleyes:

could always codrive in the Rolla. Driver was pretty happy with it last weekend. Or ya worried you'll get yer but kick'd. 

image.jpeg

Hi, new member here. Could I please get my member #? 

MotorsportReg.com won't let me register for tomorrows event without a member number. Thanks.

Reese

13 minutes ago, Reese said:

MotorsportReg.com won't let me register for tomorrows event without a member number. Thanks.

Reese

Just waiting for your number to be issued. I'll follow up with them.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Nhil said:

11:59 the night before

Thanks. Turns out parts did not arrive in time so the car is still down. Minor issue with a CV boot on the right rear axle so I will be sitting this one out.

10 hours ago, Reese said:

Reese

Your MSR account is now ready to go

1 person likes this

Thank you.

Registered for the event.

It wouldn't let me register without a vehicle # so I chose number 29, one of the available numbers from the 2016 Permanent Number List thread.

Hope that is not an issue.