2016 Championship Points!

chkdsk

Sorry for the delay, a HUGE Thank You to Shane S and Cara S for doing the work on the tracking and points calculations. 

As always, please post if you see a discrepancy: 

2016 Championship Points Race 1.pdf 

Some notes for the new guys: 

- Points are calculated as 9, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1 depending on the number of racers in an race: E.g. If there is 4 cars then points are 5, 3, 2, 1. 

- What we changed years ago was if there was 10 cars entered for the weekend but only 4 cars start/finish then points are calculated by the number of competitors no mater how many are registered. You will notice this in some of the studded races.

Looking at the scoring in studded, Its got a few errors in it. 

Where we all finish is something we all know so maybe other than Jordan lets post where we finished each race.

For me Car 36 studded

Race 1: DNF

Race 2: 2nd place

Race 3: 2nd place

Race 4: 2nd place

Race 5: 3rd place

Race 6: 2nd place

From what I remember and talking to the group, this is what we got

Races 4,5 and 6 are scored correct

race 1: 13

36dnf

99dnf

race 2: 13

37dns

99dns

race 3: 13

99dns 

Can Alex D post if this is incorrect. This is from our collective memory so not set in stone.

Race #1 I finished second for sure

Race #2 I thought I finished second, but could definitely be mistaken. I will check my go-pro footage when I get home. If I recall correctly, I dropped to 3rd at the start, followed closely for the first 1/3 of the race when the car ahead pulled into the pits due to technical difficulties, moving me up to 2nd. Like I said, I can confirm when I get home from work tonight       

Race #3 is when I lost second position on turn one of the last lap. I know this one for sure, because it was an epic race and I've watched my gopro footage on youtube about 4 times haha.

00 Toyota

From what I remember and talking to the group, this is what we got

Races 4,5 and 6 are scored correct

race 1: 13

36dnf

99dnf

race 2: 13

37dns

99dns

race 3: 13

99dns 

Can Alex D post if this is incorrect. This is from our collective memory so not set in stone.

Race #1 I finished second for sure

Race #2 I thought I finished second, but could definitely be mistaken. I will check my go-pro footage when I get home. If I recall correctly, I dropped to 3rd at the start, followed closely for the first 1/3 of the race when the car ahead pulled into the pits due to technical difficulties, moving me up to 2nd. Like I said, I can confirm when I get home from work tonight       

Race #3 is when I lost second position on turn one of the last lap. I know this one for sure, because it was an epic race and I've watched my gopro footage on youtube about 4 times haha.

Hi Alex

the description of race 2: is what exactly took place at race 1

race 2: Jordan took a easy lead, we battled the whole time, at the end you passed me for one lap, then I took the lead back for second at the very end

race 3: Jordan hit the snow bank, got passed by me, Alex and Jamie, took Jordan 10 or so laps to take back first from me. Alex followed in third place ten feet behind

me.

Not sure if this matters but I never took a cool down lap

You are correct sir! I had my races shifted over one in my mind.

Hi Alex

race 2: Jordan took a easy lead, we battled the whole time, at the end you passed me for one lap, then I took the lead back for second at the very end

race 3: Jordan hit the snow bank, got passed by me, Alex and Jamie, took Jordan 10 or so laps to take back first from me. Alex followed in third place ten feet behind

me.

You are correct sir! I had my races shifted over one in my mind.

Hi Alex

me.

Thanks for the research on this guys. How can we sum the changes up so it's easy to follow? Would it be exactly how Runner listed it above? 

Thanks again. 

There is a very easy way to prevent this problem in the future. We need to find 2 people who can commit to the rest of the season for timing and scoring. They work together sitting in line with finish and help keep all information correct. If you can think of anyone who might be interested (low mobility can't do the cold) please message me or killer wolf girl and we will hook them up so we can save this confusion next time.

Thank you all for a good weekend.

Bryce

*** Updated 2016 Championship Points - Race 1 v2 *** 

Changed the Studded list as per input from other drivers on the finishing order. 

2016 Championship Points Race 1 v2.pdf

Only part that changed was on Studded for Races 1, 2 and 3. Can you guys (and girls) please proof this and let me know? 

One part to notice; 

- You may even get 1 point on a DNF if you have completed more than 1/2 the race (I believe). Thus the reason #99 and #36 received 1 point in race 1. 

Thank you. 

Jordan S - 2016 Ice Race Director

• 3 weeks later...

Another repost since Database update: 

___

Championship Points are done. Got them ready faster than I thought. 

Big thanks to Bryce for overseeing this and thanks to Keiron and Pascal from U of M Car Club. 

** One caveat: You will notice that Race 6 for RTI was not able to run on Race Weekend #2. We are going to do a makeup race prior to lunch on Saturday in Portage for those three drivers only: #9, #88, #11. Their Race 2 points will change accordingly. 

Ice Race Championship Points after Race 2 (1).pdf

Ice Race Championship Points after Race 2 (1).pdf

23 hours ago, mudchild said:

Maybe I wrong but shouldn't the rti total be 22 for the 9 and 24 for the 11 counting the make up race for event 2?

Hello everyone, I did speak with Mudboy about this and may as well share the response. Points work in  9, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1  and work their way backwards to a maximum of 9 points for the win. That means if you have 10 cars then it's  9, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1. If there is 4 cars then it's 5, 3, 2, 1. The make-up race had 3 cars so it's 3, 2, 1. Sorry Muddy, it's only 3 points for your win and not 5. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived