Gran Turismo 6 - GMP

For anyone else not able to get out and do real racing, Gran Turismo 6 is available for the PS3 for $15 (Playstation store, 15GB, plus another 15GB-ish of updates, so it will take a while).  The cool part is that they made a pretty decent app for creating tracks.  I've made the Gimli track, so anyone who has the game can download the track here:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/Ceezio/course/

Unfortunately, I can't seem to make it exactly right.  First off, the pits are on the right of the main straight (can't seem to change that), I can't change the country of origin (no Canadian flag) and the scale is a little off.  I have two versions.

"GMP 1.5x" is a 150% scale version of the track due to a restriction on the minimum radius turn you could make.

I found out how to adjust that, but unfortunately, the main straight couldn't be made any shorter than 600m, this meant I still had to make it slightly larger.

"GMP 1.17x" is a 117% scale version of the track.

I left them both up for now, but might get rid of the 1.5x version if I need track space later.  If you have a Playstation account, all you should need to do is log in at www.gran-turismo.com, then go to the link above, and click on the track you want.  A save button should show up to copy the track.  I tried to download a few from someone else (the non GMP tracks) and initially it didn't seem to work, but they were in my profile the next day, so either a glitch, or there is a transfer delay.

Anyway, enjoy, and hope to see you out in real life.

Ya, no options to adjust the 'racing line' they give.  Very odd in some spots.

The track is 1.17x longer, but the turn radii are also 1.17x larger, so corner speeds should be up.  Not sure on what the math would say for lap times.

There are also no options for surface grip level, and I left the default corner banking, which I'm not sure what level that is (I assumed 0ish).

I was hoping to make something close to the same feel.  I only have 50ish laps under my belt, so I'll have to leave it to those more experienced on the track as to if it 'feels about right'.

Archived