Speedworld League 2015/2016

True! Of course, you don't HAVE to start on the Pole if you don't want to. It's good clean but hard racing.

An unexpected perk is that every kart handles differently, so you learn to adapt to different vehicles quickly. Some turn well, some brake well, some accelerate well. Just figure it out and go!

According to Speedworlds website all the carts are tested weekly to ensure accuracte and consistent performance. That being said, good to know I can blame my noob skills on the kart!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can turn the same laptimes, but they do it differently. Mark does good work to tune them.

Sometimes you get a kart with awesome power, but it doesn't turn nicely. The next time you get one that is an animal in turns but gets walked all over on the way out of the corner. Mustangs vs. Miatas! :)

Our new software tracks every karts every lap. We can pick any time period and look at average lap time, quickest lap time, total hours and total laps. Every Monday we compare all the karts from the previous Friday to Sunday and adjust the power to get them equal, then do the same thing on Friday, comparing all the performance from Monday to Thursday. Of course anomalies happen on any particular day because things go out of adjustment when karts are crashed but for the most part they are pretty close and each kart has it's own personality.

BTW I think there should be a cap at 10 people (I think thats what we did last year) as I don't think there's enough karts/room to race more than 10 karts at a time. And splitting the racers into two groups would just make the whole event quite a bit longer.

So set a cap at 10?

I'm not sure if we can do that or not. The format of our races are different compared to the regular races.

We used to do 5 minute practice, 5 minute qualifying, and 10 minute race IIRC.

Mark can possibly answer that question.

That sounds even better than what I was expecting - thanks for the reply.

It was a short qualifying session and then two races of the same length. I can't remember either length though.... LOL!

The first race starting order was determined by inverting the points for the series, and the second was inverting the result from the first race. To win the points battle you need to pass a lot of karts!

Same way we were doing last year.

First race: qualifying (only for points)

Second race: rolling start race. Line up order is reverse of league standings.

Third race: rolling start race. Reverse order of the previous race's finishing order.

Link to the league scoring sheet

Let me know if you notice any errors in the scoring.

- Qualifying points: 5 for 1st, 4 for 2nd, etc. Only top 5 get points.
- Race points: 10 for 1st, 9 for 2nd, etc. 1 bonus point given to the person with the fastest lap in a race.

So maximum possible points is 27 points. 5 for qualifying, 11 for race 1, and 11 for race 2.

Archived