2015 Club Banquet Oct 24

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have some great prizes so far for the silent auction, but need more. Bring extra cash for tickets as we have some high end prizes. One is a chance to have your race car/ice racer/auto slalom car or street car painted by a professional artist. This is worth well over $600 and will have a higher ticket value. We also have an ipad mini and many more interesting prizes so far.

.....  One is a chance to have your race car/ice racer/auto slalom car or street car painted by a professional artist. 

Just to be clear, I believe what PeteL is referring to is a painting of your race car that you can hang on the wall. Not the car itself being painted although that would be cool too. 

Last call for silent auction prizes. We've got some great prizes lined up so far, but it's getting more and more difficult for me to go out and find exciting prizes year after year. I'm sure we all know someone who can help us out with a donation. It also spreads the word about the club around the city.

As of the last post, we are done taking ticket requests.

It's gonna be a great evening!

No problem. Thanks to all who attended. It's the only time the whole club can get together and catch up on the year.

Also, thank you to all who donated prizes and bought tickets for the auction. The club made double the amount than previous years.

Nicely done everyone. Kudos to Pete on organizing the event.

My personal opinion was that Chop / Sandman was a good fit for our banquet. It was a perfect sized room, the AV system worked well for the most part, the food was delicious and plentiful (except dessert - or so I heard), everything ran as smoothly as it could have. I'd book this venue again next year if it was up to me.

The room itself was good but the food was only plentiful if you got there first. By the time we got there a lot of it was cold and there wasn't any gravy, they didn't fill it up either.  It gets a solid 'meh' from me.

This, and we were even later so I can't even get to 'meh'. There was no well done meat for Ang and what was there was too rare for me. There was not enough buns left for our table with no more coming, and the potatoes were more like sponges. The best thing left at the end was the potato salad. When Pete mentioned going for seconds there was a bit of a chuckle in the room for a reason. The watermelon and pineapple were really good though. If it is here again, not sure I would pay for a ticket. I would pay more to go back to the Qualico building at Assiniboine though, that was some of the best banquet fair I have ever had.

Don't get me wrong, do appreciate all the work that goes into organizing something like this and Pete did a helluva job. However, I wouldn't rave about the service or the quality of the food.

Archived